Chapter 14: Prepping For the Real Deal

LEIGH-ANNE's POV

It took us fifteen minutes to reach the other end of the hall where the elevator was.

All of this was really exhausting. I just wanted this all to be over. I wondered if when we finally got out of here we'd still be in touch with each other. I wondered if we'd actually shut this place down in time. And I was terrified to think what could happen if we didn't do it in time.

The doors to the elevator were the only thing on this entire floor that wasn't stark white. They were a silver colour that was really shocking against all the white, making them hard to miss.

Perrie hit at the button to get them open.

"Okay . . . We have no idea where this leads to but wherever it is we need to be vigilant." Jade said when we were all inside.

There seemed to be only one other floor it could go to and we could only hope that when we got to it we'd find the button and this could all end.

The elevator was small but not too tight so I didn't feel really claustrophobic. Somehow it was still freezing in there even though we stood close together.

"Be ready for anything" Jesy said as we all ticked down the moments till we reached wherever this was supposed to go.

I examined the girls that surrounded me in this elevator. All three of them looked tired and scared. Jade's knees were buckling. Perrie was nervously chewing the inside of her cheeks. And Jesy was busily tugging on her hair.

I couldn't help but think that if we weren't together none of us would have survived this long. Our own panicking and nervousness would have probably killed us by now. With the three of them even though I felt terrified I suppose in a way I felt tethered. Like they were the only things keeping me together.

The elevator came to a slow halt with a sharp ding. The doors slid open almost cautiously, allowing us to see into a dimly lit room that looked like a supply closet. It wasn't nearly as small as one but it was cluttered and messy. We all tentatively stepped out of the elevator and its doors rapidly shut behind us. I realized that there was no button in this room to call the elevator back. There was no going back now.

"What's this supposed to be?" Perrie asked looking around the small room we were now standing in.

There were boxes of who knows what all over. Because the lights were dim I could not make out a door on the other side of the room.

"It's like a supply closet or storage room." Jade said shrugging.

"Why would an elevator lead to a dingy closet?" Jesy questioned irritated with the whole scenario.

I reached into one of the open boxes on the floor. There were a bunch of what could only be the same tasers the creatures where using. I pulled one out, "Guys . . . I think this might be a weapon room."