Chapter twelve - Potions with Problems

Y/n pov

You rush class seeing you were in fact one of the first people there made you relax... you had missed the bell and you made a quick stop to the washroom to make sure you had no evidence that you were crying or in the woods.

You walked din late and heard everything go silent, almost all heads turned to you but Snape's.

"Detention...also, minus five points for being late to my class." Snape said without looking up.

"Well that's a tad bit ironic." You mutter getting the greasy haired man to turn and see you a Slytherin student walk up and sit next to Malfoy. He bit his tongue as if wanting to take back his comment on points but didn't.

"We're making a shrinking solution; I suggest you impress me miss L/n." You almost scoffed at his comment...Child's play compared to what you can actually make.

You noticed Draco had his right arm that had been scratched wrapped up and tied around his neck and you shake your head at how stupid it seemed. He was fine. It took Harry less time to re-grow bones then just heal a scratch.

"Does it hurt much Draco?" Pansy whined. You clenched your teeth.

"Yeah." Draco fake grimaced and you elbowed him lightly when Pansy looked away.

"Sir, I'll need some help cutting up these daisy roots because of my arm." Draco said slyly.

"Weasley cut up Malfoy's roots for him." Snape ordered.

"There's nothing wrong with your arm." Hissed Ron glaring at the blonde Pureblood.

"Weasley, you heard professor Snape." Draco said handing Ron his roots. Ron started cutting large uneven chunks.

"Professor, Weasley is mutilating my roots, sir." Draco whined making Ron stop.

"Change roots with Malfoy Weasley." Snape instructed without looking up.

"But Sir-!" Snape cut him off and in his most dark and terrifying voice said,

"Now." Ron then gave Malfoy the perfectly cut roots that took him fifteen minutes apparently to cut them that thin.

"And sir I'll need this Shrivelfig skinned," Draco said while he had the professor's attention.

"Potter-" You cut Snape off.

"I'll take care of it Professor." You said not really asked.

"I didn't ask you to-" He attempted to hiss darkly at you but you cut him off again.

"I wasn't asking sir." The class seemed to stop what they were doing and watched as you stared down your professor he knew if he took points off it'd hurt his own house. If he gave no punishment he could be looked at as soft.

"See me after class briefly miss L/n." He said darkly making everyone look to you in astonishment.

You looked to your right and saw Blaise smiling at you, not a evil smile but, in fact warmly with a kind intent. You shook your head.

You grabbed the Shrivelfig and began to peal. you also took Ron's now mutilated daisy roots and began to help him cut behind professor Snapes back, which was slightly harder due to the damage Ron had caused the poor plant roots. Yet you did it perfectly in far less time and slid them back over to Ron and he whispered 'thank you'.

You helped Draco with all the ingredients much to his dismay. You knew he'd want the Gryffindor's he considered enemies to do it but you weren't gonna let that happen, plus you were much quicker.