Chapter four - Letters They Wrote Me

Y/n pov

Most of the conversation was normal, no one brought up the fact you hadn't talked all summer. Ron didn't have any suspicions meanwhile Fred and George noticed the way your eyes kept dancing around the room as if waiting for something bad to happen, or testing reality. They never mentioned this to you. You barley noticed their gaze.

You all parted ways, for tomorrow you'd be going back to Hogwarts. You were given a room key. Room 7.

You went in to find all your things packed, all your books new and bought, all your things packed you panicked thinking about the small vile your sister gave you; you looked and found the box. You opened it and found a note.

It's Kathy, I think you should know I have this again, only for a while, until the heat is taken off of you. I want to make sure that all it's contents can be perfected. You might not get this back for a little while. I trust you'll be okay.  Mom and Dad are being tested for loyalties and a whole bunch of other things; you were the only one greatly effected. Dad was custody for 12 hours... We hope to see you safe soon.

- See you soon sis, Kathy.

You smiled recognising the hand writing. You knew whatever it was, it was bad if the ministry had it. You fell asleep knowing whatever was going to happen you'd never have to face the fears of Azkaban again.

You saw darkness and then a face. The face of a boy who would do anything to rid this world of your friend.

"Tom Riddle...?"  You ask growing scared.
"Yes. You should've taken my offer; you'd never had to go to Azkaban." He stated you looked away.

"I would've doomed the wizarding world." You tell him.

"You would've ruled it.!" He shouts over you.

"No. I would never agree with you anyway." You say to him.

"I'm merely what you want me to be. You destroyed the diary. You really are thinking about it." He laughs. He's dead, it's not real. You're a good person.

"No..." You whisper. You'd never consider it.

"Remember how it felt preforming the killing curse. How powerful you felt?" He coxed you. You shook your head stepping back the closer he came to you

"I-I would never betray my friends." You tell him. But also reassure yourself.

"Well let's see, the Malfoy boy is an enemy of all your friends, yet you stay friends with him, isn't that betraying your dear friends?" He teased.

"No. They don't care. They understand and know I'm loyal." You tell him. You feel more confident then before.

"Yet you kept where you were all summer from the Weasley boys." Tom states.

"I..." You can't tell them, what would they think... Or do you not trust their friendship.

"Your Loyalty is questionable." He smirks at your wondering mind.

"I remain Loyal to my friends! Not to some arrogant, power-hungry child." You growl at him taking a sharp step forward.

"Hmp. We'll see." He says before fading to black, you smile and then gasp feeling pain in your side. You look down and see your sword sticking out of your side.

"No... Not again." You say spitting out blood.

You hear psychotic laughter before you hit the ground and wake up.