chapter twenty-five

PLEASE KEEP COMMENTING YOUR REACTIONS TO THINGS THAT HAPPEN DURING THE CHAPTER AND JUST THE CHAPTER IN GENERAL

--------

   trigger warning: a bit graphic gore at times

               Within 12 hours of Jeremiah running around and setting up for his plan for Bruce (that he told nothing about to Jane), Jane found herself being dragged into the office. Jeremiah was conducting much of his business in here. Jane was confused why she was being taken here. On her way in, Alfred had walked by her, looking awfully peppy. Jane frowned. Last night when Jeremiah captured him, Jane had heard him screaming. Now, he was walking around with a smile on his face and like nothing was wrong? Jane's anxiety started to rise. What waited for her in the office?

Once inside, Jane saw what exactly was. Jeremiah stood a couple steps behind Jervis Tetch with Ecco right by his side. Mr. Tetch was crouched over the fake Wayne's with his pocket watch out. Jane was too far to hear his words, but shortly after her arrival, the Wayne's stood, looked at each other lovely, linked arms and walked out. Neither gave little old Jane a glance. Suddenly, Jane was dragged in and harshly pushed onto the chair the fake Mrs. Wayne was just occupying. 

The men who dragged her in here started wrapping rope around her, tightly. First her arms were tied tightly together behind her, then her ankles and up her legs, tied together. They ended with a big, tight knot. Jane couldn't imagine how she would begin to get out of it.

Jane's nerves got the best of her. Not thinking, she blurted out. "What's going on?" 

Jeremiah chuckled under his breath. "Oh Janey.. Always asking questions."

Ecco spoke up and looked at her menacingly. "Curiosity killed the cat."

Jane glared lightly at Ecco. She never liked her. Jervis Tetch smiled down at her. "Well, well, Jane. Wasn't too long ago when you were on the other side now was it, little dane?" She forgot the man spoke in riddles. Even if they didn't make sense - like that one. 

She knew how this went. He would pull out his pocket watch, ask her if she heard anything and then suddenly she was all his. Except, she's only ever watched someone get hypnotized. She's never been the victim. 

Jane looked around Jervis to her brother. "Jeremiah. Why are you doing this? I haven't been any trouble."

Jeremiah thought for a moment and then shrugged. "Trouble? No. You haven't been much. However, I can't have you ruining any part of my plan. This must go perfectly, and knowing you and your little guilt tripped savior acts, I can't have any risks."

Just like that, Jervis Tetch pulled out his pocket watch and looked at her curiously. "Jane, dear. Do you hear that?"

Jane tried to ignore the noise but her ears deceived her. The pocket watch was so close to her ears, they couldn't help but listen to the ticking. Before she knew it, she was looking deep into Jervis Tetch's eyes. Her own big green eyes went soft. Jeremiah, himself, saw this and saw the innocent wide eyed little sister he left ten years ago. No trauma nor pain was seen in those eyes for the first time in over a decade. Jane couldn't comprehend anything going on around her. She only saw Jervis Tetch's lips move; she couldn't hear what he was saying but she knew it was important. 

Suddenly, the pocket watch was abruptly shut, and Jane was transported in a whole new place. It was dark but suddenly the rope that was previous wrapped around her were gone. She felt like she was standing, her legs chained to the ground, her arms chained to the ceiling. She felt like starfish. She was getting increasingly more scared. The light was turned abruptly on. Her heart sank... no....