chapter twenty-three

PLEASE KEEP COMMENTING YOUR REACTIONS TO THINGS THAT HAPPEN DURING THE CHAPTER AND JUST THE CHAPTER IN GENERAL

--------

                 "Let me go!"

Jane's screams were muffled from a bag covering her head as she thrashed in the arms of her captors, two giant, emotionless men and her brother's psychotic sidekick. Her worst fear imaginable happened: she was taken. Again. She knew she shouldn't have joined Bruce and Selina. She knew this would happen. Again. It was becoming so predictable that it was sad. She could hear Ecco giggling at her and whistling over her pleads. 

She stopped screaming when the outside noises started to get louder and louder and Ecco's playful whistling had ceased. Jane was unsure were she ended up, but was nervous. This wasn't good. The bag over her head muffled a lot of the noise, however, she heard electrical sparks and metal slamming against metal everywhere. Where was she?

She could hear talking, but nothing too loud. Jane tried itching forward to hear something, but  the guards weren't budging. 

Then suddenly, the bag was ripped roughly off her head. It took a moment for her eyes to adjust to the light but when they did, her heart dropped. Fuck.

Ecco dramatically gestured towards Jane. "Looky at what I found! Someone was wandering the premises with Bruce Wayne and Curls."

Jane's face hardened. Inside, she was scared shitless. But she wasn't going to let him see that. In front of her stood Jeremiah Valeska, the one man in Gotham City Jane was terrified of. He stood tall and proud. He looked paler than last time, and the crazed look in his eyes had gotten worse. He wore very slick clothing and seemed to have really embraced the whole crazed gang/cult leader look.

When his eyes looked upon his younger sister, he wouldn't help but be surprised. He hadn't expected this to be the way he captured her one last time, but it was definitely nice. Now he didn't have to go through the trouble of finding her and kidnapping her. All of the pieces to his puzzle were falling into place very nicely. 

Jeremiah walked up to a stone cold Jane. He ignored the glares his sister gave him, knowing how terrified she really was inside. He knew her inside and out. He knew every one of her emotions operated. He was her older brother. He had time to deconstruct her mind and its functions. 

"Well, well, well..." He taunted as he got closer. "Aren't you a little far from the Green Zone?"

Jane didn't even question how he knew that. He would keep close tabs on her. She didn't respond to him, not wanting to give him the satisfaction. 

Jeremiah gave Ecco a look, wanting to be left alone with Jane. Ecco immediately understood and turned back with the recruits. "Okay, recruits, lets do like my daddy did before my sixth birthday and move out."

Jeremiah just stood and waited until Ecco and the recruits were gone. When the sound of anticipating footsteps stopped, he turned to the two giant guards holding onto Jane and nodded his head to the side. "Bring her over here. I have some catching up to do with my sister."

The guards silently listened, following Jeremiah's tall figure away from the loudness. Jane tried looking around to see what was happening. The only thing she saw were tired men going in and out of a tunnel. Jane frowned at that.