Bruce's helicopter had gone down in a blaze of glory as it feel into a neighboring gang's territory. Jane had watched with Bruce and James Gordon with hope - hope of saving and providing for more families stuck on this dreaded island. When they watched it being shot by an RPG, that hope was diminished. 

Only one person could've done it and his name was Penguin. 

Immediately, the G.C.P.D went to work, trying to organize as many officers as they could to retrieve the supplies before Oswald. Jane was going to join when Bruce stopped her, discreetly telling her to wait with him so they could sneak onto the scene. Jane agreed.

Bruce and Jane snuck through the warehouse. The G.C.P.D and Oswald's gang were head to head, trying to see who would get the supplies. No one even paid mind to the two teenagers sneaking around back.

Increasingly, a feeling of watch was building in Jane. The more she moved, the more she felt eyes staring at her. Yet anytime she looked, there would be nothing. They moved carefully, the voices from the conversation between Oswald and Gordon carried through the building. 

"You shouldn't have shot it down, Oswald."

Oswald's laugh rang through the empty space. "You think I did this? No, no, no, no. That would mean that I knew a chopper was coming, which I did not. I mean, don't get me wrong, we're still taking everything but I did not fire the shot."

Jane didn't stop moving but she did frown. That was odd that Oswald wouldn't fess up to it. What did he have to lose? 

"It was an RPG," Gordon announced. "Who else has that kind of firepower?"

"Fair point," Penguin admitted. "But if it was me, wouldn't I just admit it? I mean, it's not like I'm going to be arrested."

This time Jane did stop. Who else could've done it then?

"Then who was it?"

The only other name she could think of was Jeremiah. Jane shook that thought quickly out of her head. No, no. Jeremiah didn't do this. That would mean he had guns to the max. That was a possibility Jane didn't want to face. 

And even if it were him, why would he do this? Why shoot down a chopper with supplies? What did he even have to gain with that move?

Bruce turned and gave her a confused expression before motioning her to follow. They were almost out of the building. Jane nodded and followed, the idea of Jeremiah still in her head. 

Outside, two of Penguin's guards stood in front of a truck with his face plastered on it. They were armed, ready for anyone who came to attack the truck - or so they thought. Bruce took one while Jane took the other.

Jane waited till she saw the gun right in front of her before she grabbed the end of it and slammed the back of the gun into the man's face, knocking him out almost instantly. Similarly, Bruce was done with his man. Swiftly, Jane reached up and unlocked the truck backdoor, revealing boxes of guns and ammo. Jane and Bruce opened up boxes, looking at all the treasure.

There was an awkward silence while Jane started grabbing as many boxes as she could. 

"You know," Bruce started, trying to break the silence. "Selina didn't mean what she said back there. She's just upset."

Jane didn't meet his eyes, just nodded. "I know. I understand. But there's no time for that now. We need to get these to Gordon and Harvey. And then find out who shot your chopper down."

"What do you mean?" Bruce frowned. "Oswald did, didn't he?"

Jane shook her head. "There's definitely more to this story than meets the eye."

Jane and Bruce grabbed their boxes and went running back into the building to give the G.C.P.D the ammo to win this fight. They had to for their safe haven. But as Jane was leaving the building, she gave another once around the outside, feeling the gaze once again. She scanned the scene and saw absolutely nothing.

She wasn't sure what was going on, but she knew deep down Jeremiah had something to do with it. And she was going to find out what.

i know omg this chapter is so late. im a full time college student so the last day and a half had been absolutely crazy for me. but luckily, i was able to post this now.

but yes! welcome to another chapter! poor jane is not catching a break with her guilt about selina. hopefully she'll grow past it. 

if you haven't yet, i would really recommend rewatching s5 while reading this part. some stuff has absolutely nothing to do with jane so i don't put it in but its good for context :)

anyways i really hope you are enjoying this part so far! i love s5 so it's going to be a fun season!

don't forget to comment and i'll see you all next week (probably wednesday) for another update

bye guys!