First Day at UA, Class 1-A

En başından başla

"Actually New York is the name of both a city and a state, I know it's kind of confusing if you don't live in America. Have you ever heard of New York, New York?" I ask them but they shake theirs heads. "Well that's not uncommon, American usually refer to the city New York as "The Big Apple" while we simply call the state New York" I tell the two males and they nod their heads in understanding. "Um, can I call you two by your fir-I mean given names?" I ask feeling a little shy, I don't want to offend them like I almost did that Iida kid a week ago. Both boys look at me confused so I decide to elaborate. "In America we usually call people by their first names, I don't mean any harm I was just wondering since it's really weird for me to call others by their last names" I tell the two males, feeling a little jittery. "Of course you can! You let us call you by your given name so it's only fair we let you do the same!" Kirishima who I now call Eijoru pipes up, his confusion expression morphing back into a friendly one.

"Besides it would be my honor to have such a beauty call me by my given name" Kaminari, who's now Denki, tells me and gives me another flirty wink. I feel my cheeks heat up slightly no doubt my tanned cheeks to become darker and red. "Aw come on quit it Kaminari, you're making her blush" Ejirou scolds his blond haired friend. "But that's what I live for, making the pretty girls blush" Denki says playfully with a thumbs up. "Ignore him Maria-chan, he can be a huge flirt" Ejirou tells me as he rolls his eyes at Denki. "No it's okay, he doesn't mean any harm. I think" I say lightly as a smile appears on my face while I wave my hands back and forth but I mutter the last part so they don't hear it. "Hey do you mind if we ask more questions about America? I'm really curious" Ejirou asks me like an excited puppy. "If you want to" I tell him, "what's it like in Brooklyn? Is it a cool place?" Ejirou asks excitedly making my shy smile widen some. "Yeah, it's the best place in America to me! That's where my family is after all" I tell him, feeling a little excited myself when I talk about my home state.

"What about your old school? What was it like there? What was the name? Was it a good school? What about the students that went there? Were they friendly?" Denki bombards me with question after question like rapid fire. "Calm down Kaminari you're going to overwhelm her!" Kirishima scolds again causing me to laugh faintly. "Well my old school was really good and super fun, we got to do a whole bunch of things other schools didn't and it was awesome! I went to Brooklyn Visions Academy in 9th grade which is the first year of high school for Americans. It was a privet school for rich kids but me and my cousin got in on full ride science scholarships. I actually came to UA because I was chosen for the foreign-exchange program that UA and Visions Academy three years. I was actually really well known in the school because of my grades which was the main reason I was chosen for the exchange program, I was ether really cool or friends with almost everyone in my grade but there were certain people that I tired to avoid" I tell them and they continue to look at me with interest, their undivided attention on me.

"Those were the typical mean kids and what not but luckily they were few in number. Overall everyone was really friendly, at the start to the year it was shaky but as time went on I discovered almost everyone is really nice so I become friends with most of them!" I tell my two classmates. "Really? That sounds amazing! So you're like some really smart genius?" Denki says excitedly as he looks at me with a large, amazed smile. "Well I try to stay humble but yeah, basically" I tell him with my own smile. "Since you were friends with most of the students in 9th grade back at your old school would you would you mind being friends with us?" Ejirou asks and I look up at him with wide eyes feeling stunned that he would actually want to be friends with me. I mean sure we were hitting it off really well but I thought they were just trying to be nice! "Y-yeah! Of course! I would love to be friends with you two, you both seem like really nice guys! But why?" I tell Ejirou feeling excited but I can't help curious as to why he wants to be friends.