twenty three

hannah's pov

i couldn't sit here and watch ev cry. i needed to know what was going on with anthony, and his closest friend was elmo.

"hey ev, i need to check on elmo," i put my hand on her shoulder, "sam and payton, stay here with her"

i got up and made my way through the main room where elmo was. except, chase was sitting alone, running his hands through his hair with his eyes closed.

"chase?" i ask him

"what do you need?"

"have you seen elmo?"

"yeah he just left to talk to anthony. i think he's in the main area"

"okay thanks chase, i hope you're doing okay, we're trying to work this out" i tried to reassure him

"thanks but it's hard to just sit here and think that when nobody will fucking tell me anything."

"i know, but you'll understand, trust me"

"i hope so" he scoffed

i made my way to the door and opened it a little bit. anthony and elmo were arguing about something.

"you really fucked this up man" elmo said

"bro it was part of our b-e-t"

what bet?

"you can't just force people to do things man. and that bet was a joke."

"you didn't say that last night bro" anthony replied

i had to know what they were talking about, so i opened the door all the way,

"what's going on?" i asked elmo

"nothing babe. just go back inside" he replied

"no. something's going on, and if it's about ev, i need to know. she deserves better."

elmo and anthony made eye contact with each other

"it's really nothing hannah. it's stupid anyways"  said anthony

"what was the bet?" i asked

they went silent

"how did you kno-"

"i was listening to you doofuses." i rolled my eyes

"it was a joke hannah. relax, please let us be"

"elmo, i trust you, and you trust me. i need to know what is going on. we're all trying to figure things out here. this is our last meet and greet. just tell me what happened."

he glanced at anthony, then looked at me, "w- we had a- a bet"

"and what was the bet?"

"if he and ev kissed by tom-"

"WHAT?" i was mad.

"hannah, please don't tell anyone" elmo begged me

"are you two serious?" i asked them

"it was just a joke bu-"

anthony interrupted, "you never told me it was a joke. you said that-"

"hold up. just so i get this straight, you guys bet on if you could kiss ev-"

"by tonight" elmo interrupted

"whatever, then what? what was the bet on?"

"i don't know, it was a joke anyways" elmo argued

"so what? then you force ev to kiss you? anthony were you even thinking?"

"i know hannah."

"you two really fucked up. better find a way to apologize by tonight."

i was mad and angry. i was frustrated. i needed to tell ev.

i went back into the room where chase was, and ev was already in there with payton.

twenty five votes for the next chapter?

also check out my new story, "my next door neighbor!"