twenty

authors note: hey i'm trying a new style of writing, mostly bc i'm lazy so comment if you want me to switch back or if you don't mind! this way is just a lot quicker and easier💖💖 enjoy!

i look up at chase and i see him sitting by himself. i walk over and sit down. i really needed to talk to him, i didn't want to lose what we had, if anything.

"hey" i tucked my hair behind my ear. i focused my eyes on the carpet, avoiding eye contact.

"hey" he doesn't break his eyes from his phone. i think his annoyed at me..

"can we talk?"

"i don't think there's anything to talk about. what happened last night wa-"

"i'm sorry" i blurted "i was scared. i didn't want-"

"you didn't want to what?"

i looked down. i could feel my eyes swell. "i didn't want to hurt you"

"oh so you just go and flirt with anthony to make yourself feel better?"

"i was not flirting?" i raised my voice

"oh so you just borrow everyones hoodies and sleep on their shoulders now?"

"i didn't even know i slept on his shoulder til i woke up"

"okay" he scoffs

"so that's it? i try to apologize and this is what happens. maybe i'll just go back to anthony. he was the only person who's been including me anyways."

"whatever"

i got up and went to the bathroom. i needed a break. i walked into the bathroom and hannah was in there. she saw my red eyes.

"hey is everything okay?" she asked

"yeah, i mean not really" i look up and wipe under my eyes trying not to ruin my mascara

"why what happened?"

- i told her everything about chase and how he now thinks i'm with anthony.

"well do you like him?" she asked me

"what? no i only see anthony as a friend. i only just met him"

"you know who i'm talking about"

i did. i tried to avoid thinking about him like that because i can't love anyone.

"chase? i- i mean maybe"

she smiled and held my hand. "it's going to be okay." she was so good at making me feel better. she was one of those people who felt like you've known them forever.

"thank you" i wiped my face and she left. i went into the stall to go to the bathroom.

when i walked out of the bathroom, i saw anthony, coming out of the mens bathroom.

"what took you so long?" i asked him.

"nothing. i like your sweatshirt." he laughed "were you crying?" he looked comcerned

"maybe"

"why?"

"it's not a big deal." i smiled

he intertwined his hand with mine and we headed back. he was such a good friend to me. i don't understand why chase was being so dramatic with it.

we entered the room and i saw chase staring at us. he was sitting with payton and sam talking. he rolled his eyes and went back to talking with them.

"don't worry about him" anthony whispered into my ear

"what-"

he sat down and pulled me down with him