This just happened

"No, no, no. There's no way I'm going into witness protection program.  I have a life now. A good job,  a wonderful boyfriend.  I can't just up and leave."

"Ma'am you don't have any other option. This man knows where to find you. You have to go."

     " How long will I have to be there? "

" Hard to tell.  Couple weeks, months, a year."

" That long?! No I...I can't."

Just then Toni walked in the room.

" Hey sweetheart. Sorry I couldn't come sooner.  Are you alright? "

" Sir, your girlfriend has to go into the witness protection program. I'm sorry but it's the only option. "

     " Well okay.  I mean as long as she's safe."

" Are you kidding me?! You're just gonna let them ship me off to somewhere we don't know?"

" I'm sorry that I care." Toni said. 

"If you cared you would fight to keep me here. Maybe I should go.  I think we need a break for now."

     " Alli..."

" When do I leave officer?"

"In the morning. We already contacted the state officials and the residents of the house you'll be staying at.  Now we can't tell you where exactly you're going. So pack everything you have into a big bag. "

     " Okay. Thank you sir. Can you drive me to my place so I can pack? "

" Sure thing."

" Alli, please think about what you said.  I just want what's best."

" Toni I told you we need a break. When I decide what I want I'll let you know. "

With that said I was escorted to my apartment. 

     I walked in and went straight to the bedroom.  I grabbed my huge duffel bag and packed. Winter clothes, summer clothes.  A swimsuit and all of my makeup and hair supplies.  I only packed two pairs of shoes.  Heels and tennis shoes.  I would wear my flip flops on the flight. 

     The last thing I packed was the blanket my mom gave me when I was six. It was a handmade afghan that still fit on my bed. If I was going to an unknown location,  at least I should have a piece of home with me.