Finally Free

I did it. After years of working hard and all nighters, I finally moved into my own apartment. I can see the ocean for miles. Sure I'll eat nothing but cup of noodles for a year. But I'm free.

I work as an intern for a large printing company. In a year or two I might actually work full time. And I have this AMAZING boyfriend. We met at work. He's sweet, charming, and smart. He can go places.

Me I just barely moved out of my parents place. I figured a mature woman of 20 should have her own place. And boy did I find it. Not exactly on the beach but kinda close. At least I can see the ocean.

I heard a knock on the door.

" I came to visit the independent woman."

That was him. My boyfriend Antonio.

" Hey babe. I thought you were working tonight what are you doing here? "

" I couldn't resist the opportunity to see you. " He leaned in and kissed me.

" Oh and these are for you. Just a house warming gift. "

" Roses. How did you know?"

" Just a guess , and I brought some strawberries and chocolate sauce. How how about a small picnic? "

" I wish but I have to meet my mom for dinner. How about tomorrow night? "

" Fine I'll suffer while you dine with your mother. " He said sarcastically.

I kissed him and he left.

Dinner was at eight. But I wanted to go there early. So I left for the restaurant around seven. I thought I would get a good table. I got there and the head waiter escorted me to a table.

I sat down and waited. My parents separated shortly after I told them about me moving out. Since then I never saw my mom. My dad however was a wreck. He really really loved my mom and this just killed him.

After waiting for an hour I got a text from my mom.

"Sorry sweetheart but I have to cancel. Lawyers want to talk. Toodles. "

That's what it read.

Since the separation mom has been acting like a 17 year old.

I left the restaurant and walked home. As I turned the corner I looked down an alley. That's when I saw it happen. I saw a man shoot another man with a gun. Then the killer looked over at me.

I ran and he was chasing me. I just kept running until I saw a police car. I told them to take me to their office because I had just witnessed a murder.