Sanctum

Mabel's pov
I open my eyes and I see Daddy staring down at me.
"Where's Mommy? She said she'll be there to wake me up." I sat up panicking.
"She's in Sanctum." Daddy replies to me with a hug
I hug him then I remember what he said
"Sanctum?" I ask
"It's our new home, hopefully. Mommy is trying to work out some plans with their leader." Daddy explained to me.
I jump down from my bed and Daddy and I make our way to the carrier ship. I see Madi already and waiting to come down as well.
"Madi." I yell and run up to her.
"Are you okay?" I ask
"Yeah, Bellamy has been looking after to me."
"Girl's come on, lets go see Mom." He calls out

The ship door opens and I see so many colours. Reds, greens, blue's. It was so beautiful. I could hear kids laughter in the distance.
"Are there other kids here Daddy." I ask
"Yeah, and you can go to school as well." He smiles
"Yay!" I exclaim.
The Sanctum guards led us to a door and they open it. I see Mommy and I run up to her. She picks me up and spins me around. She stops and hugs Madi tightly as well. Daddy walked over and put his arm around Mommy's shoulder.
"You can stay here as long as you like." The leader says to Mommy.
"And who is this?" He asks walking up to me.
"This is Mabel and Madi, my children." Mommy replies.
We were given a house and Madi and I got to share a room with proper beds and a window. I couldn't wait to go to sleep that night.

The next day I asked Mommy if I could go to school.
"You can but Madi can't." She replies
"What, why?" We both ask
"Madi we know why." Mommy responds.
Daddy came and took me to school. I walked into the room and I see other kids around my age. Boys and girls, drawing and playing with toys. I immediately am drawn to this girl Rose who was quietly drawing. I sat down next to her.
"Hi I'm Mabel." I introduce myself.
"I'm Rose." She looks at me and smiles.
"Do you want to draw with me?" She asks
"Yes please."
She hands me a piece of paper and some pencils and I begin drawing.
We spent the entire school day talking to each other until Mommy came and picked me up.
"How was your first day?" She asked
"It was great. I met a girl named Rose and she likes to draw as well. I drew you a picture by the way." I hold my picture out to Mom.
"I drew Sanctum when I first saw it. Do you like it?" I asked
"It's beautiful." She hugs me.
"Now let's go and see everyone else. Sanctum residents have made us some food."
We walk to the pub and where they had cookies for us. I got to try one and they taste amazing. Even Madi thought they were pretty delicious. Madi and I sat at the table and began eating the whole bowl of cookies.
Madi and I were laughing when Daddy came and sat down. Something was wrong. He had a look about him.
"What's wrong?" I ask
"Mabel. We've just had word that Rose has been taken." Daddy spoke.
"Wait, what. I saw her not long ago. Where is she? Who has her?" I ask all these questions.
"They will try and get her back Mabel. She's important to them." He tries to reassure me but I can't help but start to cry. She was the first friend I had even though I'd only known her for a day. He gives me a hug.
"Look why don't you and Madi go back home, your Mom and I have a party to attend but we'll come and check on the both of you."
"Well why can't we go." Madi asks
"Adults only I'm afraid kiddo." He smiles
Madi and I get up and begin to walk to our room.
"Madi why couldn't you go to school?" I ask
"Because of my blood." She whispers.
"What about it and why are we whispering?" I whisper back
"Clarke I mean your Mom says they have black blood here and it's sacred to them. She doesn't want them to find out about me. That girl Rose, she has the black blood and that's why she was taken. I have black blood Mabel. I'm a nightblood." She admits to me.
"Is that why your commander?" I ask
"Yes, people with Nightblood are the ones that can truly rule our people." Madi answers.
I open our door and we make our way to our bedroom.
"They can't find out about me Mabel, as much as I want to go to school, I think your Mom is right." Madi adds
"I won't tell anyone I promise Madi."
We both lay our heads down in these unfamiliar beds but I quickly fell asleep.