Forgive

Bellamy's pov

Mabel was angry with me. Angry that I wouldn't tell her the truth about Clarke. Though the decisions that Clarke and myself made she wouldn't be able to handle. She is my little baby, so innocent and pure and I want her to be a child for as long as possible. I lay there that night looking up at the roof. Echo rolled over and placed her arm over my chest.
"She'll forgive you Bellamy." She whispers.
"Will she?" I question
"She is your daughter." She stated
"She's also stubborn as well." I add with a weak smile.
I climb out of bed and go sit beside Mabel's bed. She was so peaceful. Octavia's old teddy was beside her. In ways she does remind me of Octavia when O was this age. She was curious, had a thirst for knowledge and she was fierce. Even they have similar hair. I gently play with her hair and just stare at her and think back to time on the ground with her.

As my blindfold was taken off I see myself and Kane kneeling down in the gorge. That's when I see a small figure with shining blonde hair in the distant. My immediate thought raced to Mabel's whereabouts if both Clarke and I were standing here. Azgeda were preparing to take Arkadia for themselves. If she wasn't with Clarke she must be at Arkadia. What if she got hurt? My mind raced but I tried to stay sane. Clarke and Roan went to a cave to make a deal when Monty came down into the gorge to explain that Riley was not on his post. Echo pulled me to my feet and led me to the cave as well.
"If you wanna see that precious child of yours again, you'll do exactly as I say." She taunted.
We finally got to the cave and I see Clarke
"Where's Mabel?" I spoke with panic.
"She's fine. She's with Niylah." He voice immediately calmed me down.
The four of us walk back out of the cave when we see an explosion in the distant.
"It came from Arkadia." Clarke gasped.
Roan and Echo let us go and we all bolted straight to Arkadia. Mabel was there. What happened. Is she okay. These thoughts raced through my mind as I continued to run over the rough terrain.
Clarke and I got to Arkadia to see it up in flames. We were both in a panic looking for Mabel and Niylah. Clarke spots her first and we race over there. Mabel was screaming her lungs out. Niylah passed Mabel to Clarke and Octavia dropped into my arms. Clarke tried to soothe her while I hugged Octavia tight. Clarke sat down next to Octavia and myself and we watched Arkadia burn.
The following day we I woke to find Mabel awake babbling to herself. She layed on a makeshift bed next to Clarke in a makeshift tent. Clarke was still asleep as well as Octavia. I pick up Mabel gently and she gives me a big toothless smile.
"I thought I'd lost you last night little one. We'll always be here no matter what. You'll always have a Mommy and Daddy who love you very much. You have an Aunty who adores you as well." I coo to her
"Of course she does." I look up and I see Octavia laying there staring at Mabel in my arms.
She was still injured from the stab wound and the fall. I kneel down and gently place Mabel next to Octavia.
Octavia smiles at Mabel and plays with her delicate fingers.
"Lincoln would have loved her." She whispers.
I weakly smile.
"If anything happens to Clarke or myself, make sure you take care of her. Treat her like your own. Tell her about us, who we are." I began
"Bell." She whispers
"O, this is just incase. We've had to many scares so far and we hadn't planned what would happen to Mabel if Clarke and I weren't around." I plead with her
"Bell of course I'll look after her but your not going anywhere, neither is Clarke." Octavia replies
"The things Clarke and I have done have made us targets from the start but we always did what we had to do to protect our people." I added.

Mabel started stirring and she slowly opened her eyes.
"Daddy what are you doing?" She mumbles
"Shhh go to sleep. I just want to tell you that I love you." I whisper
"I love you too." She replies and falls back to sleep.
The following morning I wake up and I see Mabel quietly drawing. Echo was still asleep next to me. I climb out of bed and I sit down next to me.
"I'm sorry I cannot tell you what happened in the past. I just don't want to hurt you sweetie. I lost your Mom, I cannot lose you too." I admitted.
Mabel puts her pencil down and stares at me.
"Daddy whatever you did down there no matter how bad, I could never not love you. I will always love you no matter what. I know you don't want to see me hurt either but one day I'm going to grow up and I will get hurt. You just need to be there for me." She convinced me. I form tears in the corners of my eyes.
"How did you get so smart?" I ask
"I guess I have lots of people who love me and who teach me things." She smiles. I hug her tightly.
"Do you think we should wake Echo up?" I whisper.
"Umm mmm." She giggles.
I pick her up and then I threw her on top of Echo. She squealed with delight which woke Echo up before Mabel landed.
"Uggghhhh. Mabel why are you so loud?" Echo rolled back over.
Mabel climbed over Echo to face her.
"C'mon Echo lets go." She pleads.
"Mmmm okay." She mumbles.
I laugh
She rolls over to face me.
"You put her up to this, didn't you." She laughs.
"Hey, well the little princess has spoken. I can't do anything about it." I smirk.