Mabel's Adventure

Mabel's pov

I woke up early in the morning. Everyone was still asleep. I look over and see Daddy and Echo in their bed. I wish Mommy would sleep next to Daddy. I quietly sneak out of our room and go exploring while I'm still in my old pyjamas. I walk around the corridors, they were boring and grey. I look for something to do. No one was awake yet so I could go places in which I wouldn't normally be allowed. I went to one of the bedrooms that wasn't being used. I look around and I see a small faded blue ball. It was laying in the corner of the wall and bed. I picked it up and started bouncing it. It was really bouncy. I left that room with the ball and started playing with it down the corridor. I threw the ball down the corridor and it bounced off the wall and hit an air vent. They lid of the air vent came off with a loud crash. It echoed the hallway. I run to it and I stand there waiting for anyone to come. No one was coming. Whats on the other side of this I wonder. I grab my blue ball and start to climb inside. It was small and cold. I crawled and crawled. It kept leading in different directions. I decided to go right then left. It was getting dark in there now and I was getting a little scared but I kept going. As I keep crawling I see it getting lighter at the other end. I get faster until I see an exit of the vent. I take a peak through and all I see is another room. It was different to our other rooms though. This room had two beds on top of each other and a desk in the middle. I wanted to go and explore so I turned around and kicked the vent lid off and jumped out. The lights in the room weren't on but I could see okay. I see clothes and things everywhere. It was like someone was still living here. I open the cupboards and see what I could find. There wasn't much. When I got to a draw under the bed I see a small toy. It was stuffed like a teddy bear. It was made of different patterns and colors but it had faded and looked old. There was something about it that I liked. I decided to give him a new home with me. I opened that door and it led me to a new corridor that I've never been down before. It was dark and scary. I keep going though. I look in every room and see it was messy. I got to a door and it was different to the others. It should have been locked but because there was no power on this part of the ring so I open it cautiously and I find all sorts of things. There were walls full of items. There were clothes, shoes, books, blnakets, toys, cutlery. It had everything. It was like a shop except all this stuff was old and worn. It didn't stop me from looking though. I go through the clothes and some items had names on it. People used to wear these clothes. I started reading the names best I could. The big clothes turned into kids clothes, my size and a bit bigger. I have a look at this navy blue long sleeve shirt. I look at the tag. It said 'clarke griffin'.
"Mommy." I whisper.
That was my Mommy's name. This was her shirt. I started to get really upset and I wanted Mommy. I took the shirt with me. I shut the door and make my way back to the vent. I now had my ball, a stuffed toy which I need to name later and Mommy's old shirt. I was running as fast as I could crying because I missed Mommy but I tripped over. There was a long piece of metal across the floor and I got my leg caught on it.
"Owww." I cry.
I pull up my pyjama pants and I look at my leg. There was blood racing out of it. There was a long cut running down my leg. Daddy didn't know I was here so I used Mommy shirts and wrapped up my cut and I limped the rest of the way to the vent. I climb up and begin climbing back through. My leg was stinging and I was still crying. It hurt badly. I see the light at the end and I crawl as fast as I can.
I jump out and close the vent again. I felt funny. I was sweating and crying. I limped all the way back to find Daddy crying for him.
"Mabel." Someone calls me.
I turn around.
"Echo." I cry
She looks at my cut then looks at my me.
"What happened." She ran to me.
I just started to cry louder and harder.
She's picked me up and hugged me
"Guys, I found her." She yells out to everyone.
I hear footsteps running down the corridor.
"Mabel." I hear Daddy's voice.
"Daddy." I cry and he takes me from Echo.
He looks down at my cut and he sees that I've left a trail of blood.
"We need to fix her up." He yells. He carries me to our room and places me on my bed.
"It hurts." I cry
"I bet it does. What were you doing? Where were you?" He questions me.
"In an air vent." I sniffle.
"Mabel let me look at your leg." Harper asks
She unwraps the shirt from around my leg.
"No." I yell in pain. Tears were pouring out of my eyes.
"Oh thats deep Bellamy." She spoke.
"We need to fix it Harper." He yells
"Okay Calm down." She replies.
"I didn't mean to." I sniffle.
Everyone was around me. Some of them had water to wash the blood away. Raven had bandages and she began wrapping it around my leg.
I was tired from getting hurt and crying so I fell asleep but then I woke up later to Daddy sitting next to me.
"Daddy." I whisper
"How are you baby?" He asks me
"Im tired and sore."
"You'll get better, but in the meantime what were you doing?" He spoke to me
"I was playing with a ball and it knocked the air vent off. It looked fun so I climbed in. I found another part of the ring that we couldn't get in."
"So you went it and played in there?" He asks angry.
"I'm sorry."
"Mabel you know how dangerous that is?" He grumbles at me.
"I'm sorry Daddy but look what I found?" I pull out the teddy I found.
He looked at it then had tears in his eyes. He looked sad.
"Don't you like the teddy?" I ask
"Mabel there is a lot you don't know and maybe one day you'll find out but that teddy belonged to my sister, your Auntie." He spoke
"You mean this was Aunt Octavia's teddy." I was confused.
"Yes." He said.
I looked at the old teddy. Then I remembered what else I had found. I sat up looking for it.
"What are you looking for?" He asks me.
"I had a shirt wrapped around my leg to stop it bleeding. Where is it?" I ask getting anxious.
"I don't know. It had blood all over it." Daddy responds.
"No I need it back. Please can we wash it and I can wear it." I start to cry
"I guess but why Mabel?" He looks at me
"It had Mommy's name on it. It was Mommy's when she was little." I cry.
"Shhhhh." He hugs me
"We'll get it back."
I fell asleep and when I woke up Daddy was sitting beside me with something in his hand. I knew what it was. I sat up and looked at him.
"Harper and Raven washed out the blood best they could." He passed it to me
"Thankyou." I say as I look at it.
Dinner time had come around and Daddy carried me to the table to sit with everyone. For some reason everyone was smiling.
"Why are you all smiling?" I ask
Daddy looks at me.
"You have no idea how happy you make us
Mabel. We are stuck up here for who knows how long. We just want to get back home and we will but when you went missing today it scared us all. Yeah its the ring but when we couldn't find you we were devastated. We never realized how lucky we all are to have the most smart and beautiful girl." Daddy smiles at me.
"You remind us so much of your Mom, Mabel." Raven adds
"Just what we want a mini princess." Murphy smirks
I laugh at him.