Mabel's Dream

The rest of the day was boring as always. There is nothing to do. I have no one to play with. I spent the afternoon in my room drawing with my boring grey pencils.
I hear the door open. I look up and it was Daddy.
"Hi Daddy." I smile
"Hey sweetie."
I look and notice he has his hands behind his back.
"What do you have?" I ask him
He kneels down and looks at me.
"You know how you went on that little adventure a couple of weeks ago. I went and had a look on that side of the ring myself and I found something you might like." He holds out his hands and I see coloured pencils. They were so pretty.
He passes them to me.
"Thankyou so much Daddy." I hug him tightly.
He laughs.
"I've been waiting for the right time to give them to you." He explains to me.

I sat back down and looked at the pencils. There were green, blue, red, purple, orange, yellow, pink. I've never seen anything so pretty. I started drawing a picture of what I think Earth looked like. Lots of trees, animals running around, flowers blossoming.
I kept drawing until I was called for dinner. I reluctantly put down the pencils and gulped down the algae. Daddy told me I had to put the pencils away and get ready for bed. I put my paper and pencils on the table in our room and I put my pyjamas on. I grab the hair brush and brush my hair. It was long and brown like Daddy's hair. Everyone was out in the hall so I wanted to say goodnight.
"Goodnight everybody." I stand in the middle of the room.
"Come here you." Raven holds her arms out. I went up to gave her a hug.
"Goodnight." Both Harper and Monty speak.
"Sleep well Mabel." Emori adds
"Night Princess." Murphy smiles and I giggle.
"C'mon Echo and I will put you to bed." Daddy and Echo stand up. He then picks me up and we walk back to our room.
Daddy pulls back the covers of my bed and lays me down in it and he tucks me in.
"I love you." Daddy kisses me on the head
"Love you Daddy." I blow him a kiss.
He gets up and Echo sits down beside me.
"Goodnight Mabel." She smiles.
I sit up and hug her.
"Goodnight Echo. I love you." I tell her.
She squeezes me tighter.
"Sleep well." She replies.
I lay back down and they turn the light off but leave the door open. I roll over and fall straight to sleep.
I wake up and I see a white roof abovr me. I sit up and I'm in a wooden bed with a purple blanket. I look around and I'm in a house. I get out of bed slowly and look around. No one was here.
"Hello." I call out but no one answers.
I run to the nearest door and open it. I see trees as tall as old buildings in books, grass as green as my pencil and I hear birds chirping in the distance. I run outside and play in the grass. It was soft and beautiful. I decided to keep walking until I see an clearing ahead. I could hear water running. I got closer and closer until I saw a pretty waterfall. I want to jump in but I don't know how to swim. I walk around the edge trying to find part of the water that isn't deep. It was rocky so I walk on it slowly. It got narrow between the rocks and water and thats when I rolled my ankle on the rock. I fell in the water. I scream as I fall in the water. My head goes underwater and I struggle to get air. I finally get my head out from under the water and I see I'm fully under the water. I can't feel the ground.
"Help." I scream.
"Daddy." I add.
I go under again. I can't breathe properly. I try splashing to bring myself up and I can't. I couldn't hold my breath for much longer but I feel something slowly pulling me up to the surface. They kept dragging me until I could feel the ground again. I stand up and I see it's a blond woman with blue eyes. She looks familiar. She reminded me of Mommy. She looks at me puzzled.
"What's your name sweetie?" She asks
"Mabel." I cough
"Mabel." She inhales.
"What?" I ask
"Baby it's me, it's Mommy." She gets tears in her eyes.
"Mommy?" I was confused.
"Is it you?"
She nods and opens her arms. I begin to cry and I hug her tightly.
"Mommy. I've missed you so much." I cry loudly. She kept kissing me and hugging me. We sit at the waters edge for ages hugging each other. She breaks apart from me and wipes the tears from my eyes.
"Your so big now." She whispers.
I laugh.
"I'm five years old now Mom." I tell her.
"Your such a big girl." She laughs.
We get up and begin walking back to camp when I hear a loud bang ring out. I didn't know what it was but it made me jump. Mommy stopped where she was and she held her tummy tightly.
"Mommy are you okay." I ask her
She pulls her hand away and I see black blood all over her hand. She falls to the ground and couldn't get back up.
"Mommy." I scream
"No get up. Please. I'm sorry I love you. Just get better." I cry harder and harder.
"I love you Mabel." She whispers and then she stops talking.
"Mommy." I begin to shake her but she doesn't move. I keep crying and crying.

"Arghhhh." I scream. My heart was racing and my cheeks were wet from crying.
"Daddy." I call out.
"Mabel." He moans. He gets out of bed and walks to me. He sits on my bed.
"Daddy I had a bad dream." I cry hard.
"Shhhh your okay. Your safe." He tells me but I still cry. Echo gets up and turns the light on and then sits next to Daddy.
"Calm down. It's not real." He tells me.
"It was Mommy." I cry
"Oh baby. It's okay. I love you. Mommy loves you." He tries to soothe me.
"Mommy died in my dream." I struggle to get out. He just hugs me tighter.
"It was just a dream. Echo and I are here with you. Your safe my baby." He calms me down. My cries turn into sniffles.
"Do you want to sleep in my bed?" He asks me.
"Yeah." I sniffle.
He picks me up and him, Echo and myself climb into his bed. I lay in the middle of the two of them. I just keep hugging Daddy.
We all try and go back to sleep.
"Shhh your alright. Your safe Mabel." Daddy rubs my back and I start to calm down.

I wake up the next morning in between Daddy and Echo. I was curled up next to Echo who was still asleep. She had her arm around me. I look around the room while still leaning into Echo. I move slightly and I wake up Echo.
"Sorry." I whisper.
"It's okay." She replies.
I look up at her. She wraps her other arm around me and she kisses me on the head.
"I didn't tell you something last night Mabel that I should of." She quietly speaks.
"What?" I wonder
"I love you too." She smiles down at me.
I give Echo a kiss on her cheek.
"Ahhh, there's my girls." Daddy rolls over and looks at us.
I giggle and Echo smiles.