Loki: I've Fallen. pt.2

"You said you'd protect her you insufferable Mortal! Her life is far more important than yours and yet I see her diving to her death due to your inability to do your job correctly! If we had not arrived she would be gone, and even now she is covered in this equipment due to your complete incompetence." Loki was mad, you may not have been turned into a human pancake but shrapnel had cut you up a fair bit, you were a little more worse for wear. You could feel the hatred flowing off of him, even if you were on the other side of the room. It was intense to say the least.

"Loki, I'm okay. Could you get me a glass of water please, you need to calm down." Loki's jaw flexed, but he left without a complaint. Once he had left Steve rushed forward, enveloping you in his embrace. Intense feelings of affection immediately washed over you, he was forcing you to feel what he felt.
"Steve, stop!" He continued to hold you, squeezing you closer.

"I want you to know. I want you to understand what I feel (Y/n), please." You tried to use your powers to make him feel weak, but he resisted. Tears begun to spill from your eyes.

"Let me go! Please, just let go!" You were torn away by two slender yet defined arms. Feelings of anger seeped from them, pulsing through your veins. Loki.

"I leave for 5 minutes and you dare touch her! No one shall touch my queen, especially not mortal scum such as you! I will personally remove each of  your pathetic limbs piece by piece an-" You channelled a sense of calm through the angry god that held onto you.

"Steven, leave." You didn't have long until Loki broke free from your calm atmosphere.

"(Y/n)-"

"GET OUT NOW." You watched as he left, his guilt heavy in the air around him, then you released Loki.

"My love, why did you do that!?" He stared at you bewildered, his face scrunched up and anger, though subdued, was still flowing through him; festering in his veins.

"I didn't want you to hurt him. You know what they would do if you harmed one of their own. I was protecting you." You spoke softly, still shaken by the feelings that Steve had forced upon you, it had felt as if you were suffocating under his intensity, like you were trapped under water. Drowning.

"What did he do to you, (Y/n)? What did he make you feel." Loki sat you back down onto the hospital bed and handed you the glass of water you had forgotten asking for.

"Loki, just... Please stay calm." You spoke slowly, watching his face. He nodded at your request, so you continued.
"Before I met you, I was crushing really hard on Steve. He and I we're always kind of close, but I had no chance with him. Then I met you and everything changed. I love you." You gauged his expressions, his aura went from dark and moody to elated once you had told him you loved him.

"Darling, I love you too." He reached forward and held your hand, you could feel his affection and devotion pouring from him. You had to tell him the rest.

"Steve, he told me- Well he showed me that he... He has feelings for me and-" Loki's eye's blazed with rage and his whole body stiffened with utter fury. You could feel his anger, his jealousy, his pain. He was afraid of losing you and these feelings alone made your heart ache for the raven god.

"He made you feel these things, he hurt you by denying you for so long; yet the moment you are swept away he dares try to steal you back, as if he could sway you to do his every whim!?" He was hurting not only for himself, but for you. Someone who had never been empathised with, who only knew how help others. Now was your time to be selfish. Your turn to hurt someone else.

"Loki. I've made my mind up, there is no way I could love him again. I fell for you for a reason, one that he could never beat." Loki raised a brow and squeezed your hand in his, he was nervous and curious and you were more than willing to quell both emotions.
"You have never given me a reason to doubt you. I've never had to pry or probe, you trust me and I trust you. On top of that, you are pretty good to look at too." The man you had grown to loved laughed at your last comment, wrapping his slender arms around you, a smile still playing on his tender lips.

"My love, I fell for you long ago. The moment my eyes had the pleasure of meeting yours. I knew, I needed you by my side; I'm so impeccably ecstatic that you feel the same. That you love me." He pressed a kiss to your lips and gave you the most heartwarming smile you had ever witnessed.

Sure, Steve would be hurt; but your happiness is more important than a man who didn't try until he couldn't have you. Right?