Loki: First Defence

You sit in the cold cell that was your home for four years. Nothing had changed since you'd last been here, your blood still stained the walls and your screams still echoed down the halls. 
"(Y/N) you ready to go? We've got them all, they're safe now." You turn to see Tony in the doorway a look of concern etched onto his face. You smile and skip out, humming a small tune.
"Yeah, let's go Stark." Your heart aches as you walk through the halls, entertaining everyone with a smile and laugh.

You're fine. You're fine.

You board the quinjet and continue your facade, sharing jokes and comments with your fellow avengers. Glancing back at your past, the flashes of light, the blood, the screaming; the total immeasurable pain. Still, you smile for them, this was your payment for it all. A family.

Arriving at the tower you excuse yourself and head to your quarters, thoughts swirling in your head. Fear, anguish, everything you had felt there had returned just by seeing that horrendous place again. The overwhelming feeling cause a sense of numbness, a slight buzz that breezes over your body, a fuzziness that plays games with your mind. Emptiness. Cold. 

A knock at the door causes you to shift from your state of blankness slightly, you go from staring at the wall to the door.
"Come in." You say blankly, knowing already who it could possibly be. In steps Asgard's God of Mischief, a tender look upon his angular face, softening the harsh beauty of it. He steps closer and places himself at the end of your bed, staring directly at you as he studies your actions.
"Stop trying. I'm not letting you in." You respond to the dull pushes inside your head, he was trying to read what was wrong. Loki sighs and leans backward, his long legs stretched before him and his head tilted back, his emerald eyes gazing at the ceiling. 
"(Y/N), please. What's wrong, I can tell that you're not being yourself." He shifts himself so that he may see your face and gently takes your shaking hand in his pale, strong one's. You continue to stare at the wall, the numbness buzzing all over you. Then the pain kicked in and a gut wrenching sob tore it's way out of you, tears that you hadn't cried in a while fell out, drenching the fire that burned inside you slightly.

Loki immediately pulled you into his arms, wiping your tears that made his cold heart bleed. After Odin sent him back to Earth he decided to join the Avengers, hoping to find himself; he did in the end, he found it in you. Holding you close and listening as you let out years of torment broke his heart, it felt as if he was being impaled, his heart squeezing and his breath feeling like tiny knives. Your pain was hurting him and you had no idea, yet he let you cry. He let you finally grieve for your past, for the life that was stolen from you and countless others, he let you unleash it all and only when you went quiet did he speak up.

"You, my love, are brave and strong. You have won battles, you have lost battles, but you have remained a independent and wicked force. For four years you have held the burden upon your shoulders, pretending to all that you are unfazed by everything. You have sewn your broken heart up all by yourself many times, praying that out of all of this comes a greater good. I've heard your prayers my love, every night unanswered you thought, but in your dreams they were true. (Y/N)..." You pull away and watch the god struggle for words, his eyes locked on yours, trying to at least convey some of the things he was feeling for you.

"You no longer need to suffer alone, using a mask as your first defense. I-I... I want to protect you, I want to hold you and be the one who can help you with the pain. I, Loki Laufeyson, want to be the one who helps you, not just with your past, but to help you create a future. (Y/N), I am undoubtedly in complete and utter love with you, and if it is quite alright with you I'd like to become your first defense, your protector, your armor. I want to be worthy for a woman such as the likes of you." He squeezes you hand in his and gazes at you, his eyes showing no trace of a lie anywhere, only complete and utter sincerity.

"Loki... You're already worthy to me." You whisper, your tears beginning to flow again as you pull him close again for yet another embrace.
"Please... Do not cry my sun, for I hate the rain that clouds your eyes." 

________________________________________________________________________________

words: 803! 

Yay! Another Loki one done!

I hope you enjoyed this, it touched on some more sad topics, I am aware, but it was sweet in my eyes.

Remember: REQUESTS ARE OPEN

Love you,

Tiff x