chapter eleven // big steps.

Start from the beginning

He belts out as if he wanted the whole world to hear him. My heart skips a beat in my chest as tears continue to threaten to spill over my face.

"Tell me how you feel,
& if I'm getting near.
I'll tell you where to -"

He starts the second verse, but I can't sit still any longer. I throw my arms around his neck and plant a big kiss on his lips, unable to help myself. I can feel his sudden surprise turn into a grin.

"I wasn't finished you know," He murmurs, his lips still pressed against mine.

"I know, I just couldn't wait," I admit, my cheeks turning a light pink.

Harry sets his guitar down on the ground beside him and wraps his arms around my waist. I wipe the tears from my cheeks and laugh, rather embarrassed. I'm not much of a crier, so I've even taken myself by surprise.

"Olivia, since the day I ran into, I have been crazy over you," He whispers, his nose nearly grazing my own. I stare into his beautiful green eyes, thankful that he's hanging onto me because I feel as if I'm going to float away, "I think you're the craziest, funniest, nicest, most beautiful girl in the entire world. I wish the paparazzi would follow us around everywhere, because I want to show you off to everyone, just so they know I'm the luckiest guy ever." He smiles, his dimples making an appearance.

I tighten my grip on him, never wanting to let go of him. What have I done to deserve a guy like this?

"These past few days have honestly been the best days of my life. It's as if I found the missing piece to my life. You just fit in perfectly," He admits, brushing my bangs out of my eyes gently, his fingertips barely skimming my forehead.

He reaches around me and picks something up from the counter behind him. He puts a plate in between us as I release my grip on him.

I look down at a rather messy looking cake. A gasp leaves my lips as I read the frosting.

In Harry's handwriting, written in purple frosting - my favorite color - are the words 'Be My Girlfriend?'. I look up to Harry in wide eyes. Is this really happening? He smiles at me, waiting my answer.

It's as if I have forgotten how to speak. My insides melt as I look into the face of the most beautiful, talented, funny, charming boy I have ever met. And he wants me - a plain jane girl - when he could have models? Is this the world playing a cruel trick on me?

"Olivia, I'd be honored if you'd take me to be your boyfriend," He smiles, holding the cake out proudly.

I wish I had a camera on me so I could remember this image for the rest of my life.

"Of course I will," I whisper, after my brain starts to work once again.

Harry sets down the cake quickly and wraps his arms around me, pressing his lips to mine in the best kiss I have ever had. My heart thumps loudly, echoing in my head, probably worried that it's going to stop at any moment because of all of this excitement.

 I run my fingers through his dark, curly hair, holding on to him as if my life depended on it.

Harry Styles, from the international boy band One Direction, is my boyfriend.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, I hear a loud banging on my kitchen window. Jumping nearly a foot in the air, I remove my lips from Harry's. Clutching onto Harry for dear life, I turn to see the culprit - or should I say culprits.

Grinning like mad-men I see Zayn, Louis, Niall and Liam waving from the other side of my window. They give me thumbs-up and high-five each other. I can't help but to laugh. What would be this moment without the other boys here?