"Take your hands off me, you filthy squib!" A frown overtook Slughorn's face and he turned toward the source of the commotion. Harry emerged from the hanging.

Olivia groaned when she saw Draco in Filch's rough grip. "Professor Slughorn, sir! I've just discovered this boy lurking in an upstairs corridor. He claims to have been invited to your party."

"Okay, okay, I was gate-crashing. Happy?" Draco growled and his eyes found Olivia. He narrowed his eyes softly at her and she held her stomach softly.

"I'll escort him out." Draco's eyes shifted regarding Snape. He shrugged free of Filch grip.

"Certainly... Professor." Olivia tried to hide the pain in her face as she looked at the two people she loved most. As they left Olivia followed them.

----

"Maybe I did hex that Bell girl. Maybe I didn't. What's it to you?" Draco was slumped against the wall in lazy insolence, and Snape.

"I swore to protect you. I made the Unbreakable Vow-" Olivia remembered that night, Draco was there to hold her.

"I don't need protection. I was chosen for this! Out of all others. Me! And I won't fail him." She knew he did, he tried to pretend that he didn't.

"You're afraid, Draco. You attempt to conceal it, but it's obvious. Let me assist you-" Snape could see the fear and pain in Draco, just like Olivia.

"No! I was chosen. This is my moment!"

---

Ron laid on his back, while Harry sits opposite. He was looking through the Half-Blood Prince's potions book. "Unbreakable Vow. You're sure that's what Snape said?" Olivia was laying her head on Harry's lap as she slept.

"Positive. Why?" Harry asked softly trying not to wake his sleeping sister up.

"It's just, well, you can't break an Unbreakable Vow." Harry let out a breathy laugh at Ron. He stopped moving as Olivia shifted, only to fall back asleep.

"I'd worked that much out for myself, funnily enough." Ron rolled his eyes at his best friend before looking out the window.

"No, you don't understand. Oh, bloody hell." Lavender stood outside the compartment door. Fogging the glass with her breath and etched "Ron + Lav,". She encircled it with a heart and mimed "I miss you" and exited with a pout.

"Lovely." Olivia shifted again and Harry laid a hand on her shoulder. That was enough to settle her back down into a restful sleep.

"All she wants to do is snog me. My lips are getting chapped. Look." Harry shook his head.

"I'll take your word for it." Just then, Hermione passed by. Her stride broke as she spotted Lavender's handiwork, then continued on.

Ron shook his head at that. "So what happens? If you break an Unbreakable Vow?" Ron glowered as he watched as Lavender's heart slowly vanish.

"You die."

----

The house was a glow with light and holiday music rung from the wireless. Fred and George filled cups with steaming nog and Mrs. Weasley and Ginny ferry plates of food. "Eat up, eat up, everyone! There's more to come!"

Harry sat in deep conversation with Lupin, Tonks, and Mr. Weasley. Ron sat by silently. Lupin looks haggard. Olivia was trying to regulate how much she was eating. She didn't want anyone to look at her with a weird look as she dipped a pickle in mustard.

"Draco's plotting something, I know it, something to do with Voldemort. He's been given a task or a mission -- and Snape was offering to help." Olivia looked up before looking back down at her plate. Ron looked at her weirdly as Harry grabbed her hand.