Ch: 8 Delay

Cade’s POV

Damnit! That’s all I could think at the moment. How was I going to do this? I can’t deal with her she’s irresponsible and loud and obnoxious.  She’s supposed to save the studio? Please I think she kicks puppies in her free time. Everything was suddenly hitting me like a brick wall. How could I do this behind my dad’s back? All he’s ever done is care about me and try to make my life better and how do I repay him? By doing this! No I couldn’t.

I have to find a better way. There has to be something else. In my head I knew there wasn’t but I could hope right?

Apparently in the time it took me to contemplate my messed up life I had made it to my locker. There was Jack standing there like always. Every day we went to our first period together. We just did and that was that no questions asked though today I was in another world.

“Dude!”

“Oh what sorry?”

“I was trying to tell you I found out on the internet that the original Stanley Cup was only seven inches high! Can you believe that crap man?”

“No that’s uh cool really cool.”

“Dude what is wrong with you today? I know you hate when I talk about random facts but jeez man. I thought even you would care about that. You know considering we’re going to be holding that cup in a couple years when we win it!” He said while he nudged me.

“Yeah no I know I just got distracted. I had to study a lot last night and I uh should probably get to class man.”

What was wrong with me? I just walked away from our daily tradition for the past 2 years of high school because of studying? I hated studying I never studied. Why was I lying? Why was I so hung up on what that girl thought of me? Why does it matter? That’s just it; it doesn’t matter because I won’t let it.

I can’t let it. Not now… especially not now.

Darcy’s POV

I was still fuming specifically because I didn’t get it. Why would Ms. Lilith think for one second I could do anything with that hockey head in my way?  He could dance ok I’ll give him that but what about his personality? I can’t deal with it no I just can’t! Who tells someone they’d make a good school mascot? Everyone west of Alabama knows I have no school pep. None at all zilch the well is dry. Was that even supposed to be funny?

This was a tragedy and I was stuck in the middle of it. My life was a huge pile of –

“Hey girly!”

“Oh so you’re not mad anymore.”  I said to Addie sarcastically.

“At what? The fact that you placed a prized piece of art I made in the doorway of ratty old abandoned building? No I’m no longer mad.”

“Wow thanks Addie I feel the sincerity in that.” I said while rolling my eyes.

“Oh I know!  I got over it when I realized you were going to spill every detail of being in blondie’s car.”

“What you saw that!” I exclaimed.

“While you were passing the market yeah I mean it’s hard to miss two people yelling at each other down a busy road with the windows open.”

“We weren’t yelling and I don’t even want to talk about it.” I said.

“Wait he’s the helper isn’t he? This is rich!! Wait was it a Cinderella moment? Did you realize he was your night and shining armor? “