26

"Come on Blondie you can do better than that!"

Kayla grunted sending her fist through the air trying to connect with Jaxon's chest but grabbed nothing but air.

"Stop swinging like a girl and hit me!" He pushed further provoking a low growl from her as she swung again this time with both fists.

"Oh, did that make you mad? Are you going to give up and find a corner to cry in?" He taunted with a chuckle that died out with the wind being knocked from him as Kayla lunged forward roping her arm around his neck then used her leg to clip him. Falling flat on his back Jaxon's face mirrored my surprise.

"How's that for a girl?!" She stood over him with a smirk and both hands on her hips.

Without saying a word he reached up gripping her by the wrist bringing her down on top of him. "That was impressive but you should never gloat. You unknowingly let your guard down and leave yourself open to sneak attacks." With hands as quick as lightning he pulled her forward by the back of her neck pressing his lips hard against hers. At first, Kayla struggled against him but as his free hand moved to her hip she relaxed bringing her hands up to his face and cupped his cheeks.

My eyes closed on their own while a feeling of the earth spinning beneath my feet overtook me. I was reliving that very vision I saw when Kayla hugged me and this time I could see a face. My connection to Kayla allowed me to feel the contentment she felt from Jaxon's touch and the passion in that kiss. A huge part of me was grossed out but I couldn't shake the need to smile when a new vision appeared behind my eyes. She was smiling—grinning to be exact, watching a little girl with mixed brown and blonde hair run around the yard. I tried my best to focus on the child who was giggling hysterically evading the same man I saw kissing Kayla in my last vision, my brother. Jaxon rushed her scooping her up in his arms throwing her over his shoulder. When he did that I got a perfect view of the girl's face and eyes that were glowing blue and silver just like his.

"Jackie," The vision faded with the familiar sound of a heavy male voice calling my brother's name. I looked up blinking a few times to clear my eyes meeting those of my father who looked confused and a little shocked by the scene the betas were putting on. Both of them jumped up straightening their clothes with doe eyes; Kayla clearly embarrassed staring down at her feet while Jaxon was stifling a smile.

"I was just uh—um—teaching Kayla to uh...keep her guard up. Need something Dad?" he rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"Teaching her...ok." He smirked narrowing his eyes on both of them. "There is someone at the front gate for you. Someone named Mack." All traces of humor faded away with those words. Twenty feet away, sitting on the cushy deck chair I saw the tension rise in Jaxon's shoulders. He turned and looked at Kayla then back at my Dad walking off toward the front yard. As soon as my Dad turned his back I rushed off the deck greeting my beta with a knowing smile.

"What?" She seemed annoyed but I brushed it off. If she's going to be a permanent part of my life she's going to have to deal with sibling pestering. Instead of speaking I wiped the corner of her mouth with my thumb and frowned.

"Sorry, you had a little bit of Jaxon on you!"

"Shut up!" She swatted my hand away and looked down once again to hide the redness of her cheeks. "Don't look so happy, it won't happen again." When she looked up at me it was brief but enough for me to see the sadness in her eyes. I thought there might be something brewing between the two of them but it wasn't confirmed until moments ago. Jax is a ladies man and if he were viewing Kayla the same way he has viewed every other female he encountered, he would have tried to bed her by now. The kiss, though didn't last very long, was passionate, and spoke volumes on where they stood with each other. My vision also confirms it. Quickly I debated on telling her about it, not sure if saying it would change the outcome like those 'back to the past' movies and stories. I want them to end up together more than I want anything right now and if my telling her what I saw in her future will change the outcome, I'll just have to work even harder to make sure I fix it.