Chapter40: Demons of the past

Start from the beginning

No. She wasn't going to explain herself. She wasn't going to reveal herself as the supreme ruler of the Sons of Garmadon. She just couldn't. "I just apologize for not coming to save you. I had to flee with the ninja under mr. Hutchins' orders." She looked down, giving a guilty look. A simple lie, who would have thought? Just when she thought she was feeling better about her redemption, the demons of her past come taunting her once more. Hutchins cleared his throat. "It was for the better, Harumi. Let's just put that event aside and be grateful that your parents survived this." The man silenced her. That didn't stop the girl from asking any questions, curious as ever.

"How though? How did you survive that vortex of flames?" She inquired, not wanting to put the matter aside just yet. The emperor sighed, turning his glance at Hutchins. The man with the beard gave him permission to reveal their survival secret. "Remember in the throne room, when you were younger, you found a switch on one of the thrones?" Her father started, earning a nod from the white haired girl. She listened attentively as her father continued. "Well, that led to a basement. We mostly used it for keeping royal antics and the fireworks-" he was cut off by Harumi. "You said we didn't have fireworks anymore! Why did you lie?" The princes interjected. The emperor sighed once more. "They were dangerous. We didn't want you getting hurt. Thus, hiding them away and refraining you from buying some more."

That silenced Harumi, it was true, fireworks could be proven as dangerous. But man, did she miss watching those illuminated birds launch off at the sky. Maybe when all of this was over, maybe, just maybe, she could watch a spectacle of them with all the members of the resistance. It would truly be a good reward, putting on smiles on everyone's faces. "Can we start over? Bond once more and just...be a family?" It was a request coming from the princess. The royal family's eyes widened at that, never in all of those years that they took Harumi in would they hear something like that. Were they dreaming? "My daughter, my darling. Yes of course. That's what we wanted." The empress chimed in pure bliss. "I have lost my own family, you're all I have." Harumi continued.

"Consider it done then, when this is all over, you will return to the palace with us." The emperor declared. However, Harumi shook her head with a polite smile. "No that's the thing, I want us to still be considered a family despite my departure from the palace. I want to live with Lloyd- and his brothers and sister." She referred to the six ninja back at the monastery- Lloyd told her about it sometime ago. But, if it was beyond repairs, she wouldn't mind staying in the bounty for awhile longer. "If that's what her heart desires, we can't force her to come back with us, your majesties." Hutchins agreed with Harumi's fate. "Are you sure you'll be fine though? Being involved with those ninja means danger as they fight off many villains harming Ninjago city. I don't want you getting hurt." The empress began to worry.

"I will be fine, just trust me. You may not know this, but I'm quite the warrior, you know?" She chuckled much to Hutchins' next comment: "See? I told you, your highness, your daughter has quite the wild heart and mind." Harumi couldn't resist but lift an eyebrow and smile in triumph from that. She sat up from the bed and made her way to the door. "Where are you going?" asked the emperor. She figured the rift has healed enough for today, "I'm going out to see Lloyd, I'll let you settle in. If you have any complaints, bring them to me, cut Lloyd some slack, ok?" She told them one last time before exiting.

The royal family smiled to themselves upon hearing the faint footsteps coming from the princess fade away in the silence. The empress sighed. "Our daughter has truly grown up. My stars, I didn't even recognize the neverending determination she had to help this resistance out."
~~~~~~~
Upon entering the deck, she found Lloyd sitting on the railings. She walked over to him with a confused look. "Hey Lloyd, what are you doing sitting down on the literal edge? You could fall you know?" She claimed before sitting on the railings herself. It made Lloyd chuckle. "Such hypocrisy, Rumi." He remarked with a sly grin. The white haired girl brought her eyes to face the blue sky in front of them. "I'm simply joining you because I don't want you falling off." She told him before sighing. There was a bit of silence between the two before Lloyd turned to her. "Are you doing alright? How are your parents doing?" He questioned, genuinely curious. It didn't really take long for the girl to respond honestly.

"They're doing well, I talked with them for a bit. I think our relationship is doing better now that we're reunited." She explained, her companion nodded in understanding. He was surely listening, it relieved her a bit that he was interested in what she had to say. She truly had strong feelings for this boy, if something were to happen- "You know, I'd love to ride your dragon again someday. When I was younger, I've always wanted to ride one." The girl attempted to change the topic. So that it was more pleasant, she didn't want to talk about the relationship between her and parents the entire time.

The green ninja however, seemed alright with the topic change. It wasn't a big deal now. They were so used to these things that no one had to ask: "May we change the topic?" The green ninja looked at her with a smile. He raised his hand up in the airs. "Really? Well I'm glad you liked it, for someone who has riden dragons all their life, it's a pretty pleasant experience." The boy claimed. "We could always go riding again sometime. What do you say? All of us together? As one big family?" He suggested, bringing his raised hand to her. The white haired girl smiled back, bringing her own hand to meet his. "Sure thing, I'd love that very much."

The green ninja and jade princess' hands intertwined and stayed locked together until the ninjas arrived on deck to train for the day.
~~~~~~
A/N Hi guys! LillaSmolBean here! I really hope you enjoyed this chapter of Reconciled hearts. I certainly had a blast writing it. As I'm writing this, I'm currently returning back home from a 3 day trip. I have nothing to do so hence why I'm deciding to write this chapter. It's Thursday at 10:40AM. If you liked it, please vote and comment down below your thoughts! Also, did anyone catch the reference between the exchange of compliments between Harumi and her father? If so, congrats! However, if that's not the case, it's alright. It's from Owari no seraph, the dialogue exchange between Ferid Bathory and Krul Tepes. Two of my favourite characters so I just had to put it in! The opportunity was perfect! Alright, That's, pretty much it for my author's note! I'll see you guys in the next chapter! Cya cya!^^