'' You could say that. I left him with a guy that doesn't really have the best reputation, but it's not like Ten's a saint either, '' I thoughtfully replied and picked up the pliers that I got from a mechanic who was working in a shop at the end of the street. Blood was trailing down from the wounds on Sicheng's back, but I was more intimidated by his black wings, stretching through the air and twitching. The feathers seemed incredibly soft under the dim light that was illuminating my bathroom and it was too tempting not to touch them, but as soon as I grazed them with my fingers, they suddenly extended and knocked all of my shampoos from a nearby shelf. My features twisted in to a cringe before I forced my lips in a nervous smile. '' Oops. I didn't notice that there was a wound right there. ''

'' Are you trying to help me or not? '' Sicheng suspiciously asked and narrowed his eyes. His chin was still resting on his arms, placed on top of the chair that he was sitting on. I could feel his gaze on me, watching me from the mirror that was right in front of him and I purposely looked everywhere else but there.

It was a dirty job, trying to help that angel. Soon enough, my hands were just as bloody as his. I was using pliers to pull broken arrows out of his skin and wings and dropping the shards on my bathroom tiles. My features were twisted in a concentrated frown and one of my hands was resting on Sicheng's neck, while I was struggling to dig all the wood splinters out of his shoulder. He was still watching me and I didn't expect him to break the silence that he seemed to find comfort in, but all of a sudden, he asked: '' Did you really love Ten? ''

The question took me by surprise and I accidentally pulled out one of his bloodied black feathers. He winced at the pain, while I cringed and carefully asked: '' You want to talk? ''

'' Would you rather just sit here in awkward silence? '' he snapped back, clearly a little irritated by my attitude.

I scrunched up my nose, tempted to pull out another one of his feathers, but I held myself back. Instead, I went back to looking for fragments of arrows. My voice was quiet and there was a hint of shame in it when I finally admitted: '' I did love him. ''

A part of me still does, even if I know that I'm stupid for letting him play me and win a permanent place in my heart.

'' Why? '' He clearly agreed with the fact that I was an idiot.

'' I always had a thing for guys like him. Intense. Good at talking. Always able to make me laugh... '' I sighed and my lips curved in to a faint smile at all the fond memories that began to replay in my head. '' We had fun together. He complimented my art. He made me feel special. Things were really fun until I saw him with another girl and almost got killed by those guys that are hunting angels around the world. ''

I glanced up and briefly met his gaze in the mirror that was in front of him. His dark eyes were watching me in thought and I wondered what was going through his head before I looked down again. What did he think of him? Was I just another stupid girl to him? Just another one of the monsters who left the other world and chose to live among humans?

A few drops of Sicheng's blood landed on the white tiles when I raised my arm and wiped my sweaty forehead with the back of my hand. I was waiting for him to break the silence, but to my surprise, instead of calling me stupid like I thought that he would, he said something different: '' You've been around humans for too long. You feel the need to explain things with way too many words than you really need. ''

'' Do you know who I really am? '' I asked, too hopeful for my own good. '' Do you know me as anything else than just the girl who helps the investigator with mouflon horns? I've been on a quest to find out the truth about my past, but everyone who knows something, stays silent because they are too scared of Abel. ''