Chapter 26

Semi final! How excited are we?!
I can't believe this fic is coming to and end. Feels like a life time ago when I started it but somehow it still doesn't feel like enough.
I hope you guys enjoy the last two chapters💜

P. S. The three dots mean I'm changing from Iris's POV to a joint West-Allen POV 🖤💜

XOXO

************************************

[Barry]

He was baffled by her sudden draw back and chased after her with his gaze as she walked back inside. He'd woken up when she caressed his face and felt his body shiver when she kissed his forehead but stayed completely still out of fear that he'd scare her. Yet there she was, completely shaken, like as if his touch had ignited some deeply routed fear within her.

"Iris, what's wrong?" he asked concerned as he walked in after her.

"Nothing. Just...nothing. Um I'm gonna order some room service you need to take your meds." she barely looked at him as she fumbled around disoriented, looking for the menu. He approached her cautiously and placed his hands on each of her shoulders, instantly calming her down.

"Iris. Talk to me," he whispered as he turned her around gently. She kept her eyes trained on the floor the entire time.

"Iris please. Let me in." he pleaded once again. He watched her carefully and noticed when the first tear trailed down her cheek. After that she trembled uncontrollably, her body consumed by an avalanche of sobs.

"Hey, hey. It's ok. Whatever it is you can tell me." He tried to hush her while steering her towards the bed. He sat down beside her and simply held her in his arms as she cried. It was all he could do at the moment despite his longing to do more. She was falling apart right infront of him and he didn't know why, much less how to help. He felt her slow down and left her for a few seconds, just enough time to get some tissues from the nightstand and a glass of water. She dabbed at her eyes and nose then with a shaky hand accepted the glass of water that she held up to her lips and drank from, slowly. They remained in a light silence for a while before she finally whispered,

"I'm sorry."

"That's Ok Iris. It's been a long and emotional day, I get it." He answered with a kind smile.

"No not for crying. I'm sorry about...about Eddie." she confessed, choking on the man's name like one would on something poisonous. The smile fell from Barry's face. Though he was no longer upset the sting of jealousy still hurt him.

"It's alright Iris. It's in our past. We've both done some pretty questionable things so let's just do our best to pretend like the last seven years didn't happen." he assured her.

"I can't." she whispered under her breath. "I can't pretend like the last seven years never happened because....because..." she stuttered, seeming unsure about what she wanted to say.

"You know what. This was a mistake, I'm just gonna go," she said getting up and walking out of the bedroom. She power walked into the living room that was dimly lit, in a golden-orange light, by the medium fire in the fire place.

"Iris wait!" Barry ran after her but she wouldn't slow down, she grabbed her car keys off of the tiny coffee table that sat next to the couch and was making her way towards the door when Barry yelled:
"Iris please! I love you!"