Chapter 24

[Flashback]

Dear Iris

I can't tell you how many times I've written letters to you in hope that you'd answer and you just never did. Now I know why. Before I explain what I mean don't read this letter out loud nor contemplate your answer out loud. I'm not 100% sure but I think your house might be bugged.

It turns out my manager has been scheming against me and I think his working with Eddie. He's been making me sign false contracts and taking more than half of what I'm actually supposed to be earning and after you showed no knowledge of my letters or texts I assumed he'd done something to my phone too. I'm waiting to get some proof before I catch them both but I'm gonna need your help.

If you accept then come to the party tonight. Eddie will be there and I need us to argue. The more public the better. I need them to think I'm preoccupied with fixing my broken heart over you so that they can let their guard down. I'll find a way to get you a burner phone with my burner number in it. A friend of mine, his name is Cisco, he's in on the plan too and so if you need any help he's your guy.

I'm sorry to just spring this up on you like this but it's now or never. I don't know how much longer I can keep my mouth shut and stick to the plan without knocking the sence out of Snart. If you want no part in it I undertstand. I'll be waiting for you, like always, maybe after this is all sorted we can finally take a chance on us. If you still want to ofcourse, I know I do.

I'll talk to you later
Love Barry

The letter was in the migraine care package he'd gotten for her and the feud they had the next day was all for show too. They needed it to seem believable so the only people in on the plan were her, Barry and Cisco. Their little argument was also an opportunity for Barry to give Iris the burner phone. He'd left it in her mail box, from where she retrieved it later. He'd texted her the whole story. How after Barry got in trouble for hitting Eddie to within an inch of his life with the whole miscarriage situation the coach made him read the contract for the clause on in team violence. That was the original contract and when Barry noticed that the amounts didn't add up he hired a private investigator. Mr Dibney's sources were limited and he just managed to uncover the offshore account which they had put under Eddie's name.

Barry went on a career ending mission, lashing out at Eobard wasn't out of jealousy, it was a strategy to end his career once and for all. The idea for the documentary was also his, suggested to the board in an anonymous "fan" letter. Once he reached Central City and realised that Iris had no idea he'd been trying to contact her, his paranoia grew so he got a burner and reached out to Cisco. In an attempt to catch the culprits out in their own lie he told Cisco not to disable the hack on his phone and that he would use that to let them know that he knew and see their reaction.

[Iris]

"The plan was for you both to know that he knew and start getting messy in order to cover your tracks. That didn't seem to be working so Barry decided that direct confrontation would be the best plan. During the two days he stayed locked up in this suite he bugged the whole place and was going to trick you into confessing." Iris explained.

"Well if this was a recorded confession how are the police here already?" Patty spat clearly annoyed.

"That part of the plan was my idea. A bit of a back up in case things went south. I gave Cisco my father's computer details and asked him to create a live feed using Barry's bugs. I knew that Barry planned on confronting you today so I had Cisco forge an email from the board to my aunt stating that we needed a letter signed knowing full well that she'd have me deliver it. When I got here and noticed the silence I became suspicious and when you walked in explaining that Barry had collapsed I knew that it was up to me to get it done." she explained with satisfaction written all over her features.