Chapter 8: The Interview

I was enjoying the Jacuzzi while watching the television but at around two in the afternoon, I heard a knock on my door. The television suddenly changed, the display showed the words "You have a guest, check who it is? Yes or No".

I clicked on the yes button using the remote control and it immediately showed a guy wearing a black suit, black pants and black shoes; he looked like he is in between late twenties and early thirties.

"Hi sir Hayato, I'm Gerald your butler" he said smiling. It startled me for a second, I was surprised that the camera has voice integration plus he was staring at the camera as if he was staring directly to my soul.

"You can answer back. Once you click on the Yes button on the television, we can start communicating" he said as if he was reading my mind, answering the lingering questions.

"U-uhm, can you also see me?" I asked.

"Oh no, you can see me but I could not. It's for your own privacy"

"Okay, good. Just give me a minute and I'll open the door" I answered. Thank God he could not see inside, I'm fully naked while sitting at the Jacuzzi.

"Sir, I don't mind waiting long. I would just like to inform you that you have guests in the meeting room. They are from the Heroes council" said Gerald.

"Heroes council, what are they doing here and why do they want to talk to me?" I asked.

"It's about your hero test and interview, that's what they said" answered Gerald.

"Oh, got it. Thank you Gerald, I'll go ahead and wear my clothes" I answered while picking up my tuxedo.

Mr. Oda didn't tell me anything about this, I decided that calling my manager is the right move. As I opened my phone, I saw two messages; the first message was from Mr. Oda telling me that I have a meeting at 2:30 in the afternoon then the second message was him asking if I'm sleeping.

Crap, he sent me a message but I was too busy with the bubbles from the Jacuzzi that I didn't check my phone and it is already 2:15pm.

I checked myself in the mirror to see if I look presentable, hair is good, clothes are complete, shoes are shiny and I'm wearing the fancy watch that Mr. Joji gave me. I'm all set, so I opened the door and walked out.

"Hi, where is the meeting room? We only have like, 12 minutes, I don't want to be late" I said to Gerald, I'm pretty much nervous because I know that if I get even a single second late; they'd see me as an unprofessional candidate.

"Got it sir, don't worry. I think we'll make it in time" answered Gerald calmly while smiling.

I was waiting for him to run or may walk fast because we are under time pressure, but he was just standing in front of me smiling like we have all the time in the world to spare.

"Okay, where do we go now?" I asked while trying my best not to get annoyed.

"Oh, just here. The meeting room is just across your room" answered Gerald pointing with both hands wide open at the other door.

"So we got 10 more minutes to spare then. How do I look?" I asked, since time is not an issue anymore, I'll just have to make sure that I look sharp.

"You look okay sir, for an entertainer" he said.

"Excuse me, did you just call me a clown" I asked with a sharp tone.

"Well sir, that bow makes you look like you are an actor receiving an award for best supporting actor" Gerald answers with a smirk.

At this point, I'm trying not to get annoyed. I mean, he could have answered nicer like, tell me that the bow doesn't look good but why does he have to be sarcastic?