Prologue

So this is my NaNoWriMo project this year. Since the main theme is friendship, I'll be dedicating each chapter to a (different) close friend of mine. This is dedicated to Kris because whilst he's working his ass off at college, I'm sitting on my ass in front of my laptop waiting for the words to come out of my brain and onto the blank page.

Prologue

Many people, if not all, go through different best friends throughout life. However, usually a person only has one real, true best friend in all that time. A best friend is not only someone you have a good time with, it is also someone you can trust your life with. A best friend is the first person you call when the amazing things happen in your life, and when the most horrific incidents happen. A best friend is the person you will always remember no matter what comes about. A best friend is almost like real family. A best friend is the one who tells you the things you absolutely need to hear regardless of whether you want to hear it or not. A best friend is the person you usually can be around always and never get sick of. A best friend is someone you don't envy, is the person you are grateful to have as a friend. A best friend is one who'll forgive you always, even when you've screwed up so bad. And a best friend is the one who even though you may drift apart from, when the time comes for to hug you or congratulate you on an accomplishment or to console you on a loss...they are the number one person you want to see, always because they are the person you've confided in the most and they are the person who knows you the best.... even when both of you change.

Bottom line, your best friend is your comfort zone.

This is the definition of Best Friend. I have a best friend. Her name's Bianca Smith.

Let me describe Bianca to you. First off, she's Beautiful. Immature (in a good way). Awesome. And she's really beautiful compared to me. She has a nice tan, she's British-American. She has huge green eyes that I would kill for; her red locks don't get frizzy and she has a killer body. She has good grades and she doesn't even need to study. And all the guys in my school are after her.

And then there's me, Vanellope Carson, Queen of Awkwardness. I, on the other hand, am quite the opposite. I'm Hideous. Sarcastic. Killjoy. I maybe tan but too tan. I'm half British half Indian. So my skin tone is really dark. I am lanky and I look anorexic. The only things I like about my appearance are my eyes and hair. But those two have disadvantages. My eyes are huge brown chocolates but brown is a boring eye color. I have dark brown locks; just the way I like it but my hair get frizzy every time I go swimming.

The two of us are extremely different so how the hell did we end up as friends?