Chapter 10 Eyelashes

Just Another crazy day at the Waynes'

James pov

I was deeply asleep, when I woke up to something touching my eye.

" No... Don't open your eyes... Don't open your eyes" Jannah shouted.

" What in God's name are you doing???" as I felt her hands on my eyelid.

" 125...126...127....." she kept counting.

" Jannah....please tell me you are not counting my eyelashes...." I said.

" Oh.. No... Now I have to start over... again" she said in annoyance.

" Oh God.. This is not real... This is not real... It's a dream... My wife is not crazy...." I mumbled, still not able to open my eyes.

" I'm not crazy.... 128...129..." she said.

" Nope... It's real..... " I facepalmed myself.

" Stop putting your hand on your face.... You are interrupting me... " she said.

" Okay... Okay... My bad... I'm sorry for being sane in this house.... Just get this over with... " I surrendered.

" 129...130.....Oh no... " she said, pretending to cry.

" Okay... What now??? One of the hairs on my upper eyelash didn't show up today??? " I said sarcastically.

" Nooo.... You have more eyelashes than me.... Two more extra eyelashes" she said, disappointed.

" What?? Really???... I mean... I'm really sorry bab!!! " I said, pretending to be sorry.

" How can a man has more eyelashes than a woman??? " she said in disappointment as she jumped on bed next to me.

" Alhamdulilah for my genes " I mumbled, then I continued, " but why would you do this in the first place!!! " I said out loud.

" One of my colleagues saw your picture in a magazine... She told me you had more eyelashes.. I couldn't believe her...but she was right..." she answered, in a fake sad tone.

" Jannah... Look at me... You have other beautiful facial features.. You have beautiful eyebrows... Look at them... look at them... " I said grabbing a mirror from the night Stand next to my side of the bed.

" My eyebrows!!!" Jannah exclaimed.

" Yup... You know women would die for this pushy and thick type of eyebrows nowadays, and your eyelashes... They maybe fewer in number, but they are thicker and longer" I said, trying to make her feel better.

" You think???" she said.

" Yes, arab women are privilged with having abundant hair.. Good genes " I answered.

Jannah started to glare at me.

" Oh God.. Did I say something wrong??!!" I thought to myself, then I said out loud " What??!!"

" You mean arab women are hairy???!! You are hairshaming us???" she said.

" No... No... Why would I do this??? I'm already married to one??!!" I tried to fix things, but too late.

" No James... Truth sometimes comes out accidently... Your tongue slipped and revealed what is in your heart!!! And now get out... Get out!!!" she started to yell.

" Jannah... What??!! " I said, flabbergasted.

" Yes...get out of the house and give me some time to heal internally from the psychic trauma you gave me!!! " Jannah said, pointing to the door.