Chapter 5 New Family Ties P1

James pov

Just a regular day at the enterprises, I was sitting to my office, reviewing a new business deal contract, when Matt, my assistant, came in.

" Mr Wayne, can I take some of your time???" he said, grabbing my attention.

" Of course Matt, since when do you ask for my permission!! You always blabber like a radio non stop!!" I said, rubbing my tired eyes.

Matt didn't say a word. There was something strange about his attitude.
I looked at him, and he was sitting on his seat with his hands on his knees, looking down.

" Matt!!! Why the hell are you blushing like a virgin on his first date??" I said.

" It's.. Because...I'm.." he said, stuttering.

" What??!!" I yelled.

" I mean.. I feel like one!!!" he said.

" Matt!!! I'm not really into riddles!! I'm so busy at the moment!! Speak!! " I said.

" Mr Wayne.. I'm getting married!! " he said, trying to make minimal eye contact with me.

" Oh.. Really.. That's a big decision...congratulations...did somebody tell you that I work as a priest in the afternoon to get you married??!!..What do I have to do with this??? " I asked, reopening the file in front of me.

" You know the bride..!!" he said.

" Oh..really..sombody we work with!!! " My curiousty kicked in.

" No.. Your family " he said.

" What??!!! " I yelled, standing up.

" Okay...obviously you are busy now Mr Wayne.. I'll speak to you later!!" he said, getting up to leave.

" Come here.. Sit down!! " I yelled at him.

" Okay.." he returned to his seat, terrified.

" So.. The bride is my family.. Ha.. Let's see.. Gen already has a boyfriend that I don't approve of. .. My Mother is dead.. I don't have any cousins.. And I'm already taken Obviously.. Then Who?? Enlighten me Matt!!!" I said, trying to be patient.

" Your....mother...in.. law..." he said, in a low tone.

" You didn't say who.. Matt!!! " I asked, despite hearing his answer.

" Your.. mother.. in.. law " he repeated.

" Matt.. What is the point of telling me that you are getting married if you don't tell me who the bride is?? " I asked again, hoping he would take back his answer this time.

" Your.. mother.. in.. law.. Mrs Nora " he said, looking away.

I stood up in a reflexive move, clenching my first. Then it occured to me that he would be joking.

" Oh.. Very funny Matt, Where are the cameras??!! .. Are they hidden under my office??!! .. Is the MTV prank team going to Come out any minute??" I asked.

" It is not a prank!! " he said.

" Okay.. Maybe april fools.. But it is july already!!!" I said, paying internally that he would say Yes.

" It is not a joke too!!! " he said.

I took a very long look at him to make sure he was telling the truth.. And unfortunatly he looked genuine.

" Oh My God!!! " I said as I dropped on my seat.

" Yes.. Mr Wayne!!!" he confirmed.

" Have you written your will yet!!! " I asked him.

" No.." he replied innocently.

" Because your heirs are gonna need it after Jannah kills you... What the f..... No, no..No I'm not gonna curse, or yell at you, or beat the hell out of you till you swallow your own teeth.. I'm not going to lose my temper over you.. You don't deserve it.. You are a dead man.. I'm looking at a dead man... What The hell have you been thinking??? " I started to chase him around the office.

" Mr Wayne.. I'm 45 now.. I have been at your service and your family's service for more that 25 years.. I really want to settle down.. And Mrs Noora.. I got to know her Through family gatherings.. She is a beautiful single lady that had carried out her job to care for her family.. alone.. all those years.. Doesn't she deserve to have a life of her own?? " Matt said.

" Family gatherings!!! I have been inviting you as a big brother.. And you were looking at my family's women... You.. " I said, trying to catch him.

" Mr Wayne.. I didn't do anything wrong.. I came to you first!! " he said.

" But.. But...!!" I stuttered.

" No.. Buts.. Deep down you know It's the right thing.. " he said.

I looked into his eyes, and he was genuine about every single word.

" You know You need to convert?? !! " I said.

" I did take my Shahada a week ago!!" he said.

" Mmm.. That's why you have been using the word God alot lately.. What else I don't know???" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him.

" She knows...and she said Yes!!! " he said.

" What the... Okay I agree.. On one condition!!! " I said.

" What condition?? " he asked.

" You pay in advance for your funeral fees.. Because I'm not paying for it even if they bury you standing up!!" I said.

" Okay.. Me Wayne!! " he said, laughing.

" What about my titan... I mean my wife.. Does she know too?? " I asked.

" No.. She is the most difficult to tell.. That's why we need you to help us with it!!! " he said.

" Okay Matt, it has been a good journey.. You're fired.. Go home.. Bye" I said.

" What???" he said, flabbergasted.

" Because you are crazy to think I can convince Jannah with something like this??? She would probably cut me down into pieces... No actually into cells.. And then kill each cell alone!!!" I yelled at him.

" Mr Wayne.. Stop exaggerating.. She loves you.. She won't hurt you!! " Matt said.

" Poor me.. I'm gonna die Young!!! " I said.

" Mr Wayne.. Please!!! " Matt said.

" Okay.. Okay... Let's be serious here.. When should I tell her??" I asked.

" Tomorrow.. We are inviting the whole family at Jannah's family house.. We are going to break the news to her family.. You are gonna be there with your wife.. Trying to convince her!!! " Matt said, leaving the office.

Vote, comment and let me know your thoughts.