Chapter 2 The Surgery

James pov

I went home earlier than expected today because I wasn't feeling very good.
I had stomach ache all day, and the nausea took It's toll on me.

" Jannah... I'm home" I said through the pain.

" Oh, welcome home bab.. But food is not ready yet!!!" she said, from the kitchen.

" It's okay.. I don't want to eat anyway.. My stomach hurts so bad.. and I have this overwhelming nauseating sensation " I said.

" Oh.. Did you eat anything contaminated??" she asked, standing in the door way, drying her hands in the kitchen apron.

" No.. I didn't have anything at all today!!!" I answered holding my stomach.

" Here.. Let me help you!!" she said, taking my briefcase away from me.

" Oh God.. The pain " I said, massaging my abdomen to relieve the pain a little.

" Come here bab.. I'll help you to get to your room " she said taking my hand, and putting hers under mine.

When we got to the room, I dropped my body immediately on the bed.

" Take off your shirt!! " she asked.

" What??!!" I said, flabbergasted.

" Take it off!! I need to examine you, dirty minded patient!!" she narrowed her eyes at me.

" Oh.." I said, as I began to unbutton my shirt.

Jannah kept compressing my abdomen with her hands.

" So, what is it doctor?? Am I Pregnant??!!" I teased her.

She didn't say anyword, she just knitted her eyebrows at me.

" Oh.. I guess you didn't like the joke??" I said, trying to bring her smile back.

" I think you have irritable colon, I'll give you some analgesia and in Shaa Allah the pain will go away" she said.

" Okay.. You are the doctor here!!" I shrugged.

Jannah spent the whole day hovering over me in bed, asking me almost every five minutes about my pain and how I was doing?? she made me some chicken soap, and insisted on feeding me herself.

" Jannah.. I can eat alone.. Feed Hamza!!" I said trying reassure her.

" No.. I won't.. Alone you won't eat anything.. Plus I already fed Hamza" she said.

" Okay... But did you have anything yourself today??" I asked.

" Don't worry about me!! I'm on a diet!!" she said trying to brush it away.

What was more painful for me than my sickness, was the pain that Jannah had to go through for me.
I know her now like the back of my hand, once I tell her that I have something wrong with me, her face changes, and she loses her usual sarcastic childish self, and turns into a worried anxious person.

I just wish I always be okay so that she doesn't have to endure this pain.

When the night came, Jannah refused to sleep on the bed next to me, she insisted on sleeping on the couch across my bed.

" Jannah.. At least sleep next to me!!! That couch is hard on your body " I said.

" It's okay... You will need the bed for yourself today.. When you feel better In Shaa Allah, everything will be back to normal " she said, pretending to smile.

Even with pain becoming slightly better, I couldn't sleep, but I still pretended to fall asleep for her to feel better.

She fell asleep immediately as she was exhausted preparing food for me, and helping me with my medication.