Jungkook - Rivalry

Start from the beginning

Jungkook got extra pleasure whenever your face went sour just when he gets grades higher than you. It happened rarely of course, you were still the most brilliant student in your class. Not just book knowledge, but also about general stuff.

You on the other hand, was extremely competitive and born to win. The stereotypes that the society perpetuated about fat people had dehumanized you to the point of wanting to just end it all. Countless people have told you that you could never be fat and smart or fat and brilliant, hell, let alone fat and intelligent. After going through some major slumps about yourself, you got fed up of it and set out to make your own change. Not physically. It was a process to not find too much comfort in your self-loathing and sadness.

No more name-calling, no more teasing, no more of being bullied, no more of being meek and a coward. You had enough.

Once you realized what you were capable of, there was no stopping you. The extra satisfaction that you got when you proved the bigots wrong gave you dopamine rushes every time.

As Gina Loretti once said, "I thrive on dysfunction."

Once you were having a particularly bad day, it couldn't be helped sometimes. You were human after all. You weren't feeling good enough in any way. You refused to look at your adorable round face, your soft belly, your ample thighs, your chubby fingers and your soft arms. You kept a smile on your round face regardless. You greeted everyone with your chubby cheeks all lifted up.

Despite rarely talking to you, Jungkook could see the uneasiness in your pretty eyes. He may have "hated" you. But he was hyper-aware of what you did around him.

At that moment, one of the jerks in your class had to open his mouth to say something which made you freeze.

"[Y/N] stop eating less ! I can't see the door !"

The entire class became quiet. A few occasional gasps could be heard.

Your gaze went down to the floor and your full lips quivered before tears began welling up in your eyes.

"Ex-excuse me, I-I got-gotta go", you voice gradually became quiter with the last word. With that, your plush form stepped out and began walking towards the restroom trying to hold your tears in.

Jungkook felt something break in his chest. He had seen this before. In kindergarten, in middle school, in high school and he couldn't believe this was still going on.

He did what he always did before, without you knowing about it.

With fast movements, Jungkook got up from his seat and walked towards where the jerk was seated. The entire class was shocked at his anger.

Jungkook was always the 'happy-go-lucky' guy.

But this was another side of him that the majority haven't seen except maybe his very best friends who he considered as family.

Jungkook didn't hesitate before he curled his fists in the bully's shirt and made him stand up. Drawing his right hand back, he remembered the broken expression on your round face, curled his palm into a fist before delivering a strong blow to his face making him fall back.

Normally, Jungkook gave strong glares to the guys who dared to utter anything terrible about your soft round figure. Your adorable self wouldn't mind that much either. You would just ignore them and do your work. If things got too real, you would just tell them to shut the fuck up.

Well it seems they didn't get the memo, as it was evident on your trembling full lips.

Jungkook's knuckles were smeared in blood as the guy went tumbling backwards.