Masked

It must have been hours or even days before she finally woke up. Slowly Rey tried opening her eyes, but she forced them shut quickly after from the bright lights that loomed in front of her. Taking a moment to allow her eyes to adjust to the piercing light, she took in a sharp breath and frantically looked around the room, her focus stopping on Marius who was sitting on a chair beside her, reading a book. In trepidation, she tried to bolt up off the bed but quickly realized that she was strapped down. Her breathing being rapid as her heart beat hard against her chest. Where am I? Her mind was swirling from her panic and fear that she failed to hear him speak, forcing him to repeat himself.

"How was your sleep?" Marius looked up from his book with a look of agitation.

She didn't respond. Rey wasn't sure if she should scream or curse him or both. Her eyes dropped to his belt but only to have a flash of fear strike through her. Damn. It's gone.

"Let me go!" She managed to choke out. Her throat was dry, and the raw pain of thirst hit her as she tried to speak.

"Now why would I do that, Kitten?" Marius asked, shutting the book with a thud.

"What do you want with me?"

"What everybody else wants on that ship. To use his weakness against him." He said coolly, gesturing to her.

"Kylo won't go looking for me."

"Oh no, trust me...He will come looking for you. You should have more faith in your husband, Rey. Right now, he's probably going nuts trying to find you." He laughed. "Man, I do wish I could see his face right now." He said, getting up from his chair.

She yanked at the restraints harder in response to his action.

"Then why not go after him yourself?!" She forced out, hoping he wouldn't step closer to her.

He squatted in front of the bed and rested his arms on the edge.

"Because I enjoy pissing him off and keeping him on his toes." He winked at her, then slowly; he scanned his eyes over her body, stopping at various places before returning to meet her gaze again.

"What do I have to do with any of that?" She managed to be brave enough to shoot him a glare, though she wasn't sure if it looked like it given the fact, she couldn't stop trembling.

"You're the chest piece I need, Kitten; Your more valuable than you give yourself credit for." He grinned at her.

She turned her head away from him. Trying to hide the expression she knew was probably plastered all over her face at the moment. "You're wasting your time. I'm not that valuable to him. Kylo won't give up the First Order for me." She argued back but her voice was faltering, threatening to break.

"I don't want him to hand me the First Order, I want to lure him and then take it by force."

"I told you, you won't be able to take his throne using me."

Marius shot his arm across her body and gripped her jaw, tugging it back so she could look at him.

His blue eyes began to darken with anger.