Dinner Date

"All done!" Marie says happily pulling the straightener away from my face.

I glance in the mirror and am actually surprised I look ok.

Marie has straightened my already mostly straight black hair and done light makeup that basically consisted of lots of blush and a healthy coating of mascara.

"You look so hot!" Marie says proudly.

I roll my eyes and stand up, heading over to my suitcase.

"No way!  We have an hour left and we are not wasting it so...it's shopping time!" Marie says, grabbing her car keys and heading out the door.

Driving to the mall is a dauntless task especially for reckless Marie who I'm surprised didn't manage to wreck our car on the way there.

We arrive and I'm dragged inside.

Sometimes I'm glad for Marie.  She's like the older sister I wanted but never had and sometimes she's the mom I didn't need.

We managed to find something quickly and that was so incredibly cute that Marie ended up buying it for me.

(Looks something like this!  If you don't like you can imagine what you like!)

It was honestly a steal that I was super pleased with and after leaving I quickly got into it without damaging my finished hair and makeup.

We raced there and surprisingly we were still a bit early.

I could see Payton and Jackson at the entrance, greeting people who came in.

Tonight we were eating at McAllisters Deli, one of my favorite restaurants ever.

Marie gets out and I can see Payton's face brightening by seeing her and Jackson's face gets a little more down as he sees that I'm not there.

Now or never I decide and in one swift motion, open the door and throw myself out.

Careful not to make eye contact with Jackson, I walk over to Payton's side of the entrance way.

"Dang! You clean up nice," Payton says quietly.

"You're not so bad yourself," I say.

"Aw thank you.  I try to impress Marie..ahem, I mean the ladies," he says.

I roll my eyes at his terrible acting.  "You're crazy,"

"Crazy in love with your best friend," he adds.

"Well, are you going to make a move?  Or just talk about it?"