5.

Beyoncé.

"So.. how long am I supposed to wait until I get a call ?" I ask Kelly as I lay on my side at the end of her bed, and she sits against her headboard while we watch Love Is Blind.

Of course after I ran into Jay at the opening party, I told Kelly everything about our little encounter. It's already been a week, and I'm a little bit confused on the reason he still hasn't hit my line.

"Depends on the guy honestly." She shrugs her shoulders.
"Some may hit you the same night, while some wait a whole two weeks. I don't know it's not a exact science."

"2 weeks ?" I gasp. "If he texts me in 2 weeks, believe me he ain't getting a response." Ain't that some bullshit ?

She laughed, "And why not ?"

"Because, you don't take my number and call me a whole two weeks after. It's two weeks too late, I'm not interested anymore."

"Girl please," she waved me off. "He already got your nose wide open."

I suck my teeth and roll on my stomach
"No he don't."

"So why are you always checking your damn phone ?"

I sigh because I know she's right.
"Ok maybe I'm expecting his call a little bit too much"

  "Yes you are. Relax he's going to call you. You shouldn't be the one waiting on him to hit you up. He should be the one praying the Lord you found a minute to answer his call."

  "Why wouldn't I have the time to answer ?" I ask, I mean beside going to class I'm not really doing much.

  "Because you're the shit, stupid" she says in a duh tone.

  "I'm not you Kelly, I don't have guys lining up and waiting on me. Nobody is blowing my phone. None of that, I'm not the cool girl and you know that."

  "Yes you are Bey, who are you kidding? Everytime we go somewhere guys always trying to talk to you."

  "Oh yes of course always the stupid or crazy ones."

  "See now you're lying, not all of them. You have high standards because you want the next man you date to be your future husband and shit I get it. But you're 18 you don't need to be that damn serious with anybody yet. Just go with the flow, meet new people, get to know them, make connections, flirt, have fun ! If he end up being your husband well perfect but if not, fuck it ! Now let's finish this damn episode he's going to call you I'm sure."

I lightly laugh, "You're right and if he don't call, his loss"

  "That's my girl," she says getting on her knees to high five me. After that I decide to let the conversation go, and finish watching the episode.

I spent the rest of the day with Kelly until she left to be with her little boo. And I found myself in yet another marathon of my favorite Black romance movies : Love & Basketball, Love Jones, Poetic Justice, Brown Sugar just to name a few.

Lord knows I loved my Black Love movie night and I never minded spending it alone with no one interrupting with comments. But now I wouldn't mind if somehow I found someone to share those movie nights with, or better yet someone to share the romance with.

I mean, you can't be mad at your girl for feeling a little bit lonely. I spend most of my time at home, and I don't mind it. But I don't make things easier for me to meet new people. Plus I kind of have a history for having a hard time making friends and everything beyond that status.

I used to be bullied at primary school. I was a little chubby and you know how kids can be cruel. They were making fun of my weight. The other fat kid had friends but nobody wanted to be mine. So I figured out at a young age that something was probably wrong with me.

When I finally went to High School, I got taller and lost the extra weight. I learned to love my body and I became more feminine. I took this new step in my life as an opportunity to start all over.
And this time I had people's attention and I loved it. I even got a boyfriend.

I had everything I ever wanted, but nothing good lasts forever. My so called friends were jealous of me so they spread rumors that I was a slut.

And just like in primary school, everybody hated me all over again. My boyfriend started acting funny, he even ended up lying about me. After that, everybody and their mama thought that the rumors were true. I mean if even her boyfriend says that, it got to be true.

They took it as far at putting my face on fake nudes pictures. It got so bad that I had to change school.

So even if Houston didn't treat me right these past few years, I miss home, at least I always had my family with me. Thank God I still got Kelly with me. But now everybody is growing up and we all take different roads. I get it. I just wish I was as busy as they are, not to feel this alone.

I was starting to get emotional as I went through my gallery and looked at some memories of me and my family. Being that I was always home I have a really strong relationship with my mother and sister. God I miss them so freaking much.

Feeling the tears threatening to come down my eyes I quickly lock my phone and put it against my chest as I shut down my eyes and try to swallow the sob that's forming in my throat.

After a couple of minutes I manage to calm myself and not throw myself in another pitiful mood. But decide to remain in the same postion and relax for a little bit longer until I feel my phone vibrate against my chest scaring the fuck outta me.

I look at the caller ID, and I feel my heart pound hard against my chest when I see an unknown number on the screen.

Vote, comments, and add this story in your library/reading list 🥰