1.

South Central, LA
10 years after (Present day)

Shawn.

"I got bitches in the livin' room gettin' it on

"I got bitches in the livin' room gettin' it on. And they ain't leavin' till six in the mornin'. So what you wanna do ?
Shit, I got a pocket full of rubbers and my homeboys do too"

I mumble the lyrics along to the song I had blasting in the car workshop. I hear a knocks against the car hood, which makes me stop working.

I lower my eyes to see a pair of shoes, letting me know that indeed, I'm not alone. I suck my teeth and use my left leg to roll my car creeper from under the car.

I lift my head just to see Shad with a stupid ass grin on his face.

  "Nigga what?"

  "What ?" He replies sarcastically as he shook his head. "Honestly Hov I'm lost, you gotta explain this shit to me because I really don't understand. How a nigga like you with all the money you have, why in the world would you spend half your day getting dirty, sweating like slave under a car ? What the fuck are you doing man ?"

I seat on my car creeper before grabbing the little towel I always keep in my pocket and wipe my hands.

Shad is like a brother to me, I met him and his twin sister when we were in foster care together. We basically grew up together. I share a lot of my first times with this nigga. Learned how to use rubbers, got high and drunk with him for the first time too. Sold drug, rob and a bunch of others illegal shit. He introduced me to the life my mom always tried to protect me from.

  "Shut the fuck up man. What do you want ?"

He chuckles and leans against the car.      
  "Furious isn't here ?" He asked, referring to Mr. Fishburne the owner of the workshop.

He's a 60' something years old man, and the closest thing I had to a male figure.

Ironically I met him because I was trying to break into his car. Well, until I felt the cold metal of his glock against the back of my neck. I remember almost shitting on myself that day. I was 13 years old but I've always been smart and smooth. I never got caught, shit I really thought he was going to blow my fucking brain against his car door.