"You know I'm surprised you haven't fallen for me yet?" Asher says on the way to lunch. I just laugh.

"And why would I do that?" I ask.

"All the girls do."

"Well, I'm not like all the girls."

"Obviously, I mean you haven't danced all day, and it's pissed off the teachers. You got edge."

"I couldn't care less about what the teachers think, and I don't dance."

"Why not?"

"Why don't you and your arrogant self, leave me alone?"

"You're the arrogant one, using your mommy's fame to get you into this school, and not doing crap when you got in."

"Leave my mom out of this. You know nothing about me. Just let me be."

"Fine," He walks into the cafeteria, and I follow shortly after. I instantly feel the glares of the dancers. I quickly just get in line for food. I eat my lunch at a table, alone.

After lunch, the rest of the day seems to drag on. I do my usual routine of sitting, watching, and silently judging technique as the dancers go through their routines. Asher is probably the most technically sound dancer, he just has trouble landing his jumps. They are good, just not perfect.

This school goes until 4:00, so I don't get home till 4:30. When I get home, I go into the kitchen, and find a note on the counter.

"Rebecca,

I'm working late tonight, and won't be home till around midnight. Cassie will make dinner.

-Dad"

Ugh!

"CASSIE!" I call.

"Yes, Ms. Evans." Cassie, the maid, replies.

"I'm going to go out for dinner, so don't worry about it."

"Alright," I run upstairs. I grab my wallet of the dresser and retrieve my skateboard from the closet. My dad and I live in a big house set back in the woods. The house is about 15 minutes from LA (driving), but I like to go the other way, because the streets are quieter, and the scenery is enjoyable. I ride my skateboard until I get to my favorite restaurant, Rick's Diner.

"Hey, Dillon," I greet the young man at the counter.

"If it isn't my little Becky," He replies. I take a seat at the counter, and he walks over to me, "What can I get you today?"

"Nutella and samoa milkshake,"

"Ooh, rough day?"

"How'd you know?" He brings me the shake and I take a sip.

"I've known you since you were little, I know when you're upset.What happened?" Just then, Asher and some other people from school come in. I roll my eyes. I notice a girl holding Asher's hand. Didn't know he had a girlfriend.

"Hey, look it's the newbie." One guy said.

"Aw, I haven't had enough time to give you a name." I reply, and I see Asher cover his face, obviously smirking.

"Smartass,"

"Better than being a dumbass like you,"

"At least I can dance." He said, pivoting on his feet.

"You know if you engage your whole leg and not just your ankle you'll spin faster, and it might actually look impressive."

"You got a big mouth for someone who can't dance."

"The question is am I wrong?" He is speechless for a minute, "Well, prove me wrong."

"Fine," He spins again, and this time it is much faster and more technical. The other people in the group notice it too, "That proves nothing,"

"It proves that my 'big mouth' was right, now leave me alone."

"I'm Jason," He says, putting out his hand.

"And I'm annoyed," I turn away, and drink my shake.

"Let's sit down, babe." The girl holding Asher's hand says in her high-pitched voice. They walk off to a booth. I watch them eat and laugh. I've never really had friends, so I envy them for that. Asher looks up and smiles at me, but I just look away.

"I'm guessing they have something to do with the sucky day." Dillon says.

"Yep," I reply, "They go to my new school, and they're popular, I'm not."

"I think you are amazing anyways."

"Thanks DillBill."

"No prob BeckyBoo." I laugh.

"I better head home." I say, finishing my shake.

"Don't be a stranger."

"I won't." I grab my board, and start to head back home. 

At home, I take a long hot shower, put on soffee's and a tshirt, and hop in bed. I grab the TV remote from my dresser, and turn it on. I put it on ABCfamily. Freaky Friday is on and I fall asleep during the movie. I'm awoken by the door alarm; it's just a beep the door makes when it's opened. I check the clock, 1:00am. I guess it's my dad. I just fall back asleep, but wake up to my alarm again at 6:00am.

COMMENT AND VOTE PLEASEEEE