Sing

Becca POV

"Dad!" I say, rushing into his office, "Oh, sorry, I didn't know he was in a meeting," I notice the two men in dark suits also present in his office. A tall, blonde boy brushes past the two men in suits.

"It's alright," He says.

"I'm not trying to be rude, but who are you?"

"Cole," He holds out his hand and I take it.

"Cole's a singer and he's also performing in the dance competition this weekend," My dad pipes, "He's also staying at our house." I clench my teeth.

"I just came by to see when you'd be home, but I think I'm going to be going now." I turn on my heel and try to leave, but my dad grabs my wrist.

"I still have work, so can Cole go back to the house with you?"

"Do I have a choice?" I whisper so Cole can't hear even though I don't care if he knows that he's unwanted. My dad just shakes his head, "Great,"

"You better get going it'll be dark soon."

"Do you want to ride with us?" Cole asks.

"No, I'll give you the address but I will not get in a car with you," I reply, scowling, "Give me your phone."

"I didn't ask for your number,"

"I wouldn't give it to you even if you had asked, I just want to give you the address, but I honestly don't care if you get lost and can't come,"

"Why don't you like me, all the girls love me?"

"Maybe I don't like you because you're a stuck up, arrogant, man-whore,"

"You don't know that,"

"Since you're staying at my house maybe you can try to prove me wrong," He hands me his phone and I type in the address, "Here, if you get there before I do the maid will let you in," I skate off and take the scenic way back. I skate down the back roads on the way home. California country is beautiful this time of year. I admire the small houses and the large pieces of land, and I watch the sun set in the distance. I finally skate up to the house.

"Ma'am your guests have been awaiting your arrival," Cassie, the maid greets.

"Thanks," I mutter.

"I'll put those in your room," She gestures to my skateboard and bag. I hand them over.

"Where are they?"

"In the living room," I walk down a few corridors to the main living room (yes we have many). I slowly make an entrance.

"Hello," Cole says, noticing me.

"Hey," I say.

"I didn't catch your name earlier, and I'd like to know it,"

"It's Rebecca," He gives me a cheeky smile.

"Dinner's ready," Cassie says, entering. Thank goodness! "Oh, and your father said he would not be home until late, and that you must be hospitable to your guests." I throw my head back, exasperated.

"Fine, let's just go eat," Cassie leads the way to the dinner room, and we each take a seat. We are served chicken, potatoes, and baked beans... one of my favorites, my dad is bribing me!

"So, you're competing this weekend as well, correct?" Cole asks.

"Yes," I reply, bluntly.

"What categories?"

"Does it matter?"

"I was just trying to make small talk,"

"I'm doing a duet and maybe a solo, I don't know,"