Life of the Party

Becca POV

I shut off my alarm and roll over; I really don't want to move.

"It's Friday!" I realize. I climb out of my bed and dance around the room, excited that the long week is almost at an end. I only stop dancing when I trip on my shoes and fall on my ass with a loud 'thud'.

"Ow," I groan. 

"Are you okay?" My dad says, entering the room.

"My butt hurts," I complain.

"Okay? Did you break anything?"

"ONLY MY PRIDE!" I exclaim and he starts laughing at me, "It's not funny."

"Can I ask the reason you ended up on the ground?" He asks, coming over to me and helping me up.

"I was dancing enthusiastically." 

"Oh, really? Why?"

"It's Friday." I throw my hands in the air and almost fall... again.

"You're acting like your drunk."

"How do you know I'm not?"

"Because you passed out on your bed the second we got home last night, and I know for a fact that you haven't moved since."

"You're observant."

"I just know you really well,"

"True."

"I'll get out of your room so you can get ready, Cassie made breakfast."

"You didn't?"

"My culinary skills have a capacity, I can't use it all up." He says, dramatically. 

"Whatever, just go so I can change clothes." I roll my eyes and literally push him out the door. I put on a tie-dye tank top and blue spandex, and I put Nike shorts over my spandex. 

I skip down the stairs, bag-in-hand, into the kitchen. Cassie is cleaning and my dad is eating his breakfast. A plate full of food sits on the counter next to my dad. There's an omelet and fruit on it.

"Thanks Cass." I say.

"My pleasure Ms. Evans." Cassie replies. I start eating the yummy looking food. 

"This is really good, better than anything dad makes." I tease.

"Not true," Dad interjects, "I'll make you dinner tonight and prove you wrong, nothing against your cooking Cassie."

"I'm not offended," She says. I smirk.

"Wait, you just want me to make you food?" He says, glancing at me.

"I don't know what you're implying." I say, innocently.

"You are manipulating me."

"Gasp, why would I ever do that to you?" 

"Did you just say 'gasp'?"

"Um, yes,"

"That's not important, you were manipulating me."

"No, anyone can cook better than you, that's a fact." I smirk, eliciting a response.

"You didn't have this attitude about my cooking yesterday." He challenges.

"My eyes have been opened." It is really hard to refrain from laughing right now.

"You claim anyone can cook better than me, right?"

"Yes?"

"And you are an anyone?"

"That's not the point."