Don't Go Breaking My Heart

Becca POV

I walk into the ballroom, Cole beside me. The men at the door hand us each a mask and shove us to the dance floor.

"What's going on?" I whisper.

"It's the traditional masked tango," He replies, lining up with the other dancers. Tango? This will be interesting. I line up also, not knowing what I'm supposed to do.

'Help!' I mouth to Cole. He smirks at me and I send him a glare. The music cues and everyone moves together. I follow their lead. I quickly come to the realization that I know this dance, my mom taught it to me when I was little. It was one of her favorites.

"You apparently do know this dance?"

"Yes, apparently I do," I twirl away from Cole, but I am caught by someone else. 

"Hey," Asher smiles.

"Hey," I reply.

"You look beautiful,"

"Thanks, now let's dance," Together, we tango. I love the rhythmic feeling of a tango. We move as one and I get lost in the dance.

When it finally ends, I remove my mask and Asher does the same.

"I could kiss you right now," He says.

"What's stopping you?" I reply.

"If I kiss you, I have to stop looking into your beautiful brown eyes," I look down, blushing.

"Ladies and gentlemen, if you would, please make your way to the dining hall for dinner," A man says into the microphone.

"C'mon," Asher says, taking my hand. 

We take our seats at a table with Mr. Carlton and several other people I do not know.

"We have a special guest who is going to sing for you while the food is being served. Please welcome to the stage Cole Morgan," A lady says from the front of the room. I see Cole get up from his table, which is only a few feet away from mine, and walk to the stage. 

"It is a pleasure to be here tonight," He says into the microphone. The waiter comes around, serving us our appetizer salads. I place a large bite into my mouth because I'm so hungry and haven't eaten all day. 

"I have one request to make," Cole continues, "I would like Rebecca Evans to join me." I feel the food that I was just chewing go into my throat forcefully, causing me to cough. The people around me start to clap, encouraging me to join Cole, but right now I'm trying to not have a death-by-salad. 

I compose myself and walk towards the stage.

"Is this a joke?" I ask Cole.

"No, I just want to sing with you," He replies simply, "You won the bet and our duet will be taken off the album, but I want to sing with you one last time, please."

"Alright,"

"We're singing Feeling Good," 

"Hold up, slow your role, that's not the song we sang together,"

"No, but it's the song we're going to sing now."

"Is there a problem?" The lady (that introduced Cole) butts in.

"No," Cole replies.

"How do you even know that I know that song?" I ask.

"Because your dad told me it's your favorite." I stare at him blankly, "Please Becca?"

"Fine, I'll do it," Cole motions for the music to start, and he begins singing.

"Birds flying high, you know how I feel. Sun in the sky, you know how I feel. Reeds driftin' on by you know how I feel. It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me, and I'm feeling good. I'm feeling good." He looks at me to continue.

Dancing Through LifeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara