Shut Up and Dance

Becca POV

Asher and I move away from the wings so we can talk.

"We need a plan," He says.

"I know, I'm trying to make one," I retort, pacing.

"How did they even get the routine?" Asher asks.

"I have no idea," I say, defensively.

"I mean Cole was staying at your house, maybe you rehearsed and he saw it,"

"I never rehearsed it without you, and Cole would never purposefully do our dance. This has Paisley written all over it,"

"What are we gonna do?"

"We're gonna pick a different song and dance," I say, coming to a stop in front of him.

"But we haven't prepared any other dances," Asher says, giving me a quizzical look.

"No, but we can treat it like an impromptu," I reply.

"I don't know, Bec," He hesitates.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know if I can do a non-choreographed routine in front of all those people,"

"Just keep your eyes on me and move with the music, everything will be okay,"

"What if I screw up?"

"Not a chance, besides we're unprepared, they can't expect much. Ooh, I have an idea for the song,"

"What?"

"Shut up and dance,"

"I think that might actually work,"

"I'll go tell the DJ, you can wait backstage, we're on soon," I race out of the dressing room, searching for the DJ. Once I find him, I tell him that we'd like to change our track. He looks at me like I'm crazy, but I just shrug and run back to the wings. 

"You ready?" Ash asks, quietly.

"Nope, you?" I reply.

"Absolutely not," I smile, reassuring him and also reassuring myself.

"Well done, Paisley and Cole, it will take a lot to beat that excellently choreographed dance. The next contenders are Asher Carlton and Rebecca Evans, let's see if they have what it takes to beat Cole and Paisley," The announcer says. The lights dim, and Asher takes my, hand, leading me to the middle of the stage.

"Eyes on me," I say, our faces inches apart. I see the lights coming on and hear the song begin

"Oh don't you dare look back. Just keep your eyes on me." I said, "You're holding back, " 

Asher spins me around, my back towards him, embracing me, but I duck down, slipping away from his grasp.

She said, "Shut up and dance with me!" This woman is my destiny. She said, "Ooh-ooh-hoo, Shut up and dance with me." 

Asher pulls me back towards him, our faces nearly touching. He dips me down, my pontail brushing the ground.

We were victims of the night, The chemical, physical, kryptonite. Helpless to the bass and the fading light. Oh, we were bound to get together, bound to get together.

We do a tango, hip hop mix (don't ask me how, but we made it work).

She took my arm, I don't know how it happened. We took the floor and she said,"Oh, don't you dare look back. Just keep your eyes on me." I said, "You're holding back, " She said, "Shut up and dance with me!"This woman is my destiny. She said, "Ooh-ooh-hoo, shut up and dance with me."