Fearless

Becca POV

I wake up to my alarm the next morning and quickly shut it off. I slowly stand up and meander to my dresser. I throw on a loose white tank top and leave on my black leggings. I grab a blue sports bra and some black Nike pros for gymnastics later, tossing them into my bag. I go into the bathroom and brush my teeth and throw my hair up into a bun. On my way out of the room, I slip on my blue Vans. 

"Good morning," My dad greets, while eating his oatmeal.

"Morning, did you make me any?" I question.

"Check the fridge." I open the refrigerator door and retrieve the rest of the oatmeal. I grab a spoon and start eating the lukewarm food.

"I think I'm gonna drive to school today."

"Really? What I said yesterday-

"Doesn't affect my decision."

"Okay. out of curiosity, how long has it been since you've driven?"

"About six months."

"Maybe you should take back roads, you know, less cars."

"That's probably a good idea." I chuckle. I quickly finish my breakfast and gather my things, "See you later."

"If you live through your driving."

"Very funny."

"Goodbye." I walk out to my car, carefully uncovering it. I put my bags into the back seats. I climb into the driver's seat. I gently touch the steering wheel, overwhelmed with the memories. Maybe I did jump into this too soon, but I want to be strong. I turn the key in the ignition, and put the car in reverse. The engine purrs smoothly, especially after being dormant for so long. I accelerate slowly as I continue down the road. 

I pull into the school parking lot next to Asher's all-too-familiar car. Asher steps out of his car as I gather my things. 

"Nice car!" I hear him say through my open door.

"Thanks." I say, stepping out.

"Bec?"

"Yeah?" 

"You drove?"

"No shit." I slam the door shut and walk inside.

"Are you in a bad mood?" Asher questions, catching up to me in the school hallway.

"Yeah, just a little irritated that's all."

"Do you mind me asking why?"

"You can ask."

"Okay, why?"

"I said you could ask, didn't say I'd answer." I throw my stuff into my locker and slam it shut in frustration.

"Why not?"

"It doesn't matter, can we just go to class now?"

"Fine."

"Fine."

"Bye." I turn on my heel and walk away. I didn't have a reason for not telling Asher why I'm so irritated but I didn't like being pestered about it either. In all honesty, I'm just overwhelmed. I don't know how to emotionally handle everything that's going on. Sitting and driving the car today kinda pushed me over the edge, again. I have got to get it together! I walk into the usual studio and I see Mr. Carlton sitting by the mirrored wall.

"Morning." I greet.

"Good morning, Rebecca. Before we begin, I would like to mention a few things." He replies, and I nod for him to continue, "We will be continuing our lessons but my other classes have been lacking in review. To put it simply, I need to spend more time with my other classes. I have the opportunity to do so in the afternoon now, but I would like your help. I want you to be an assistant supervisor."