14. Paparazzi

Chapter 14.

"What exactly is this?" I ask Jaxson as he gets Bella out of the car. "It's a new ice cream shop, the reviews have been good so far. I'm positive it's going to become very popular. I could take it for myself if you don't want it" he says with a teasing tone. "No no, I'll take it".

"Hi are you the owner?" Jaxson politely asks the woman behind the counter. She smiles "yep I'm Molly, welcome to Molly's scoops".

She is very enthusiastic. "What do you want Bella?" he asks. She points at a picture on the menu and beams.

It's colorful with syrup and nuts. That's an automatic no. "Sorry princess, it has nuts anything else?" he says.

I honestly didn't expect Jaxson to remember be allergies. She pouts for a few seconds."What if I don't put any nuts on it at all?" Molly says and Bella beams once again.

If the ice cream wasn't colorful Bella would've asked for everything chocolate.

As she starts making Bella a big bowl I look around. It is more of a cozy place but it's huge.

The walls are painted red and the seats are benches that are also painted red.

There's posters and cardboard cut outs of ice cream cones. Jaxson is right, this place is going to be a big hit.

"Wheres the stuff I told you to bring?" Jaxson asks. "Oh I forgot it in the car. I'll be right back" I tell him.

I'm excited to see how the whole investing process works.Jaxson told me to bring the amount of money I plan on investing in cash and some papers Jaxson gave me.

When I come back in, Bella is sitting on a bench eating her ice cream and Jaxson is talking to Molly.

I smile at my babygirl and she waves. "Ava if you choose to invest in Molly today you'll be her first and only investor." Jaxson tells me with an excited tone.

His enthusiasm tells me that this is a good thing. I smile at Molly "only?" I ask her. She nods "I don't like to do business with a lot of people at once" she says. I nod that's understandable.

"Step into my office we'll talk more" she says. Bella is busy eating her ice cream and the office is right at the front if she needs us.

"How long have you been in business?" Jaxson asks first already sounding super professional.

It's like he instantly went into business mode. "A couple days actually. I've always wanted to run a little shop and I finally got my chance" she tells him.

She looks proud of herself. "Are you aware of the conditions for investing?" He continues asking questions.

Jaxson can be a real business man when he tried. I am honestly impressed. "No actually, do you mind explaining?" she asks him.

I really don't understand myself. "Well to put it in a simpler form, Ava will give you an amount of money for you to help our business. You can spend this money on anything you want as long as it goes towards your business. Like for example you can use it to buy new benches or save it for when something needs to be replaced. Ava will then become co owner of the business. She gets a small percentage of the business profits. Usually it's 35% but you guys can negotiate that if you want. But it's still your business you get to make all the decisions regarding it. And if you like you can still receive help from Ava."

Wow! How is his company failing?

Me and Molly talk about everything regarding the contract and decide to just keep the rules the same.