Chapter 13

The next few days passed relatively quickly. Hannah juggled some important Marketing portfolios at work while simultaneously sorting through a list of London caterers.

It was around 10:00pm and she had not too long reached home from Trini Thursdays with Mikayla and the others. Sitting up in bed, she decided to finish up a report for next week's meeting when her phone chimed. A small smile spread across her face as she read it.

Tariq:
"Thinking about you..."

Even though she had not seen him for a several days, they had not failed to communicate in some way every day. She had invited him over to her apartment on Sunday evening to apologise for the way in which she had walked out on him. He had told her that he understood and was just happy that she had decided to not completely shut him out.

Given how she had rudely left, she had not expected him to accept her apology. In her experience, most men would not have bothered to have any further communication with her after she blew them off. Then again, she should have expected more from him, knowing that she was more than just a fuck to Tariq. He had said as much, both verbally and non-verbally. However, the patience that he had never ceased to amaze her.

Hannah had taken Mikayla's advice to heart. She had decided that she would accept whatever she was feeling for Tariq and just take it one day at a time. The sensation, while foreign to her, deserved to be explored. It had been her plan to spend more time with him during the week.

Unfortunately, her period had arrived and she knew that she could not be in his presence without wanting to feel him inside of her. As a result, she had kept her distance, though she could admit that she was eager to see him again this weekend.

This was yet another first for her. The only person she was ever excited to see was Mikayla. Biting her bottom lip as she came out of her thoughts, her fingers swiftly tapped her phone screen.

Hannah:
"Go on..."

Tariq:
"That's about it...
😉"

Shaking her head as she chuckled, Hannah sent him a middle finger emoji to which he replied with a tongue face before sending another message.

Tariq:
"I miss you..."

Hannah:
"But you just saw me tonight!"

Tariq:
"What can I say, I'm crazy about you..."

Hannah could not deny the warm fluttering in her stomach that she felt when she read his last message. However, she had to stay true to herself and give a typical witty reply.

Hannah:
"Mad out of your damn ass mind indeed lol!"

Tariq:
"Well you know what they say, we're all born crazy,
some just remain that way muhaha!"

Another hearty laugh escaped her as she read his response, she loved that his humour could match hers. There was a permanent smile on her face as they continued to chat via messenger. It would be another hour before they said goodnight.

A soft sigh escaped her as she lay her head back against the headboard, once again surprised at her behaviour. She had not spent this long texting with anyone except Mikayla since she was in secondary school.

"What the hell are you doing to me Tariq Maalouf?" Hannah mumbled softly.

————— ▲ —————

The weekend could not have come fast enough. Damien's parents, Daniel and Sophie, flew in from Paris and they went to the boutique to sort their fittings.