Chapter 10

As Hannah sat on Tariq's lap, she could hear the sincerity in his voice.

His magnetising hazel eyes bearing deep within hers, as though trying to peer into her very soul. She did not miss his 'not yet' when he mentioned wanting a relationship, but did not dare ask what he meant by that.

Exhaling softly as she closed her blue eyes, her mind debated on what to do. On the one hand, she could not deny that there was an almost indescribable attraction between them. The sex had been nothing short of amazing and she definitely wanted more. But another part of her remained hesitant. It was common knowledge that frequently being in the company of another person always lead to some form of feelings being developed. Truth be told, Hannah was not really sure how she felt about that right now.

She did not want to get hurt or unintentionally hurt Tariq, as he seemed to be a nice guy. Not to mention his ties to Damien and Mikayla. She definitely did not want to make things weird within the group.

Hannah was not one to deliberately go around breaking hearts, but unfortunately at times it happened anyway. Given the chemistry between the two of them, she knew that spending more time than necessary around Tariq would definitely lead to something. To what, she was not exactly sure as of yet. She could almost hear Mikayla's voice chanting for her to go for it anyway.

Reopening her eyes, she found Tariq looking at her, his gaze almost reverent as he sat there, patiently waiting for her to say something. She admired that he had not tried to touch her sexually, not once since he entered her home. His fingers remaining perfectly still as they held her waist, she could feel the heat of his touch burning through her clothes. Silently she wondered if he was holding himself back as much as she was.

"Okay," she suddenly said, her fingers playing with the neckline of his shirt.

A look of slight surprise came over his face, "Okay?"

"Yes, I'll do my best not to push you away." Hannah replied, adding a witty remark, "But I can't promise that I won't if you annoy me and I end up changing my mind,"

Tariq's facial expression immediately changed as bright smile came upon his face, "Fair enough. Although I'd suggest that if I'm driving you crazy, you can always just strap yourself in and enjoy the ride."

She pinched his shoulder as she made a sound of displeasure at his joke.

"I'm only kidding, I will do my best not to annoy you too much then," he said seriously as he added, "and with that, I'll take my leave."

It was Hannah's turn to look surprised as she got off of his lap and watch him stand, "You're going?"

"Would you rather I stay?" he asked before continuing, "I figured since I'm the first lover you've brought into your apartment, I shouldn't push my luck and try to spend the night. We both know what would happen if we started to kiss on that couch."

Her body involuntarily twitched at the word 'lover' and so, to cover the moan that escaped her lips, she quickly stretched her arms above her head.

"I suppose you're right, having you spend the night might just overload my poor senses. Who knew you could be such a gentleman?" Hannah teased.

Grabbing her suddenly in his arms, his lips brushed against her as he whispered, "I can be whatever you want me to be my dear."

Tariq stared into her eyes for a moment before kissing her soundly. His lips moved purposefully over hers, branding her with his touch. Hannah's hands held on to his upper arms to steady herself as she kissed him back passionately. After a few moments, they slowly parted, their breathing ragged.