Travel Through Time Chapter 63

I wake after a week of calm and training with no headaches.  The guards have been doing really well with training.  My brother is away from the palace again and hopes to bring his future wife back.  Keon-hi and Un are really getting to know one another.  Ri-na and her brothers have moved into the family home.  Second will be getting married during Christmas, I will be meeting Six then too.   My little bean is growing and I have a bump.  The Prince is with the King at the moment and getting ready for the new set of exams to fill the positions within the court that are vacant.  The Prince has been working on new court rules and standards.  To try and stamp out corruption, he has been working with some younger ministers and seems pleased with the progress so far.  I wash and dress have breakfast, I've been sleeping a little more so the Prince has not been waking me and letting me sleep in.  I walk to the blacksmiths to see how they are getting on with some of the wheels and pulley's needed for the assault course that is being built.   Once I've checked in there, I go to the training ground.  I watch the training of the different groups.   I walk towards a group of six guards that are doing the core building.   I give a couple of tips on how to conserve energy.  One guard is moving to much while doing his chin ups, "if you try and keep your legs from moving to much, it is easier" I tell him.  He tries again but is still moving his legs to much.  "Watch" I tell him and jump up and demonstrate how best to keep your legs from moving around to much.  I jump down and watch him again, "good better, you'll get even better once your stomach muscles have developed a little more" I encourage.  I move around and watch I wave to Un and he walks over "are you not with the Prince?" I ask. "No, he's still with the King I will go back later" he answers.  "If your good here then I'm going to go visit Keon-hi" I tell him.  He nods and I wave as I walk away and check that Second is with me.   I wave to Fifth who is on look out up a tree, I find Keon-hi inside with a fire, the weather is getting colder as summer ends and autumn begins.  She is sewing some baby clothes.  I sit and warm my hands "how are you?" she asks I smile "I'm fine, just been kept busy. With the new assault course, training and the Prince. It has been great though to not have to worry about being shot at, verbally attacked or having to deal with ministers" I inform her "yes, Un has been far less stressed and has been able to relax a little more when off duty.  The Prince is talking about moving us closer together so he can have more time off but be close enough that if he was needed, he could be there" she explains.  "Yes, there is the small unused palace across the walk way from me.  It would be great to have you closer too" I tell her.   We have some tea and snacks, while we visit.  We take a stroll around her garden before a bid her goodbye.   I walk back towards my palace and meet the Prince coming back.  We walk back together holding hands "lets go to the garden I have something to tell you" he says.  We walk out to the garden and keep walking till we reach the pond, "the King is passing his throne to me in the new year. He has decided that it is time for him to move aside as his health isn't as good as it should be. Also, he thinks the ministers will listen and respect me a little more" he informs me. "Your going to become King? How do you feel about that?" I ask.  I was a little shocked but we talked it threw and I can see his reasoning.  You will become my Queen" he adds. "I have just gotten use to being Princess" I say.  "Well you have time to get use to the idea. The King will wait till after Christmas to announce it" he tells me.   I reach up and give him a kiss he puts his arm around me and we walk back to the warmth of the heated room.  I don't know if the ministers and people will accept me as their Queen.  I think of my life in the future and how hard I'd worked to become a well-known stunt woman.  All that hard work is helping me now with training of the guards and helping to protect the Prince but I don't know anything about being graceful, or much at all about palace affairs.  I'll have to study I suppose. I sigh thinking of reading up on all palace matters.  "Your quiet, why the sigh?" the Prince asks.   I give him a small smile, "I was just thinking about all the books I'm going to have to read in order to learn all about palace life.   I've been able to hide away here a little and not bother so much with the rest of the palace" I tell him.  "You'll do fine you are very good at reading people and the ministers seem to either be a bit afraid of you or think you're a goddess" he tries to reassure me.   "The maids don't like me they think you spend to much time with me.  Which means your not going to look at them and grace them with your presence in bed" I say.  The Prince laughs "I think they've realised that they can't hold a candle to you and your greatness" I laugh with him at his words.  "I'll go to the library and start reading up on palace affairs.   I will not just study the women's side I will read all of it.  That way I can be helpful and supportive to you" I tell him.