Travel Through Time Chapter 8

I remove the binding around my breasts then breath a little easier, I rub the medicine into the places that I can reach but the wound in the centre of my back is aching as well as itchy.   I look around the room to see if I can use anything to put it on with, I sigh and pickup my top and put it on backwards I then walk around the corner and meet Un's eye's "sorry I can't get to the centre and it really needs some medicine on it.   I have my top on so, all you will see is my back" I take a breath and wait for his answer.  He holds his hand out not looking at me and I place the pot in his hand, then sit beside him with me back to him.  I cross my arms and hold my top in place under my arm pits, I feel Un tentatively touching my back. "The wound in the centre please" I tell him I see him glance at my back them turn his head away again.  I sigh when he starts to rub the medicine into the wound, I hang my head and relax it feels wonderful I close my eyes and that is all I remember until I wake up a few hours later when the sun is in the sky.  

  I sit up in bed and take look around, my top is still on backwards but it has been tied around my back to keep it on. I untie it and then I bind my breasts again and put my top on the right way before putting my outer clothes on.  I give my face and hands awash before walking around the corner of the room, Un is sitting on the floor leaning against the wall with his legs out asleep.  I leave him to sleep and step out into the fresh air I use the latrine and then wash my hands again. I walk along the main road to the stalls and shops in town and buy us some breakfast, I walk back and see the servant that had been next to ugly scum.  He is asking people if they have seen a girl, he even has a sketch of me.  I walk past with my hands behind my back giving the air of a noble man, he doesn't even glance in my direction.  I open the door to my room and Un is not there so I go in and set a table with our breakfast, there is a knock on the door and I answer it. The owner tries to see into the room so I block the room form view "what?" I bark and she jumps then looks around for something to say "ah! Do you need breakfast?" "No" I say and go to close the door, "err, is everything alright?" she asks I smile before turning my head to look at her "I was robbed during the night, I will have to go to the Investigation bureau to report it.  I am very vexed" I shout before slamming the door in her face.  I wait for Un, he enters the room and sits down at the table.  "I have heard that the wife beats the servants till they are near death then holds them hostage so their family members will work harder to free them. His older son goes around gambling, drinking and causing trouble to all that are below him in states. The youngest daughter though tries to help the servants behind her Mothers back and offers medical supplies to the poor all without her family knowing" he finishes. I think while I eat then say "I will write a letter to the Mother and Son telling them that ugly has great news and they should come to the bureau mid-afternoon.  Can you find a good family that the daughter can be adopted into, I will give them money that will help take the extra cost of having a new family member? It has to be a good family, have guards ready to search their property as soon as the son and wife have left." I look up and then nod "it is about time he gets a glimpse of the young servant again.  From the reports I've read he walks through the towns main street to the bureau.  

  I climb out the window, and run to the brothel I retrieve the servant's clothes and then run back near the centre of town. I duck behind a wall and change clothes. I have a little makeup on already. I straighten up brush my skirt of dust and then I walk between the buildings to the top of the main road.  I wait till I see ugly scum.  I wait till he is closer and then bump into another servant "I'm so sorry I wasn't watching where I was going" I apologise quickly the servant girl looks behind her at ugly and then goes to move away.  I grab her hand and say "trust me" I swing our arms and then move with her out of ugly's sight. "stay close to me" I say and begin to run still holding her hand I get back to where I changed clothes grab then then run with her to the back window of my room.  I help her into through the window and then climb through myself.  "That scum is going to be hanging outside the investigation bureau later today.  Put these clothes on for now so none of his thugs catch you and pass the word around" I say as soon as I'm in the room, I give her a set of male servant's clothes and a cloth headband to tie around her head.   I indicate the corner and she walk's around it and I change into my clothes.   Having to put up my hair again.  The young girl walks around the corner in the male servant's clothes. "Could you please help me put my hair up" I nod and she kneels in front of me "what's your name" I ask "Shin-hye" I nod"beautiful name for a beautiful girl, how do you know that ugly scum?" I ask next. "My Master is staying with him.  He was walking with him just now" I tilt my head as I finish putting her hair up and take the headband from her hand and tie it around her head.  I sit in front of her so I can see her face, "is your Master a good man?" I watch her closely and she nods "he managers one of the farms that the other man obtained he has to come once every month and report on how things are going on the farm.  My Master was sick last month and couldn't make it so the man sent one of the guards and he beat Master.  Then the guard took a liking to one of the teenage boys and took him away into the woods.  He hung himself from a tree" she sniffs as tears threaten. "Can you tell me how this man looked?" she nods and sniffs again before saying "he had a big mole at the corner of his left eye and he has a scar that runs into his top lip" I smile at her and pat her knee. "Spread the word among the servant's once the son and wife have left the house" she nods and gives me a smile. "Who are you?" she ask's "I'm one of the devil's hell hounds, sent to drag all the scum back to hell so he can torture them" her eye's go wide at my words and then I help her out the window.  I have given her clothes and the clothes that I had in a bundle for her to take with her.  

  "Clear" I say so Un can enter the room "how much did you hear?" "All of it, I have sent some people to check on what she said and someone will keep an eye on the guard.  I also have the names of four other guards" I close my eye's and take a deep breath before I open them again.   I find Un watching me closely, "I'm good.  I have to ask you something though and it will not be nice" I tell him.  He nods "did the Prince tell you what I plan to do with ugly scum?" He shakes his head.  I turn to my bag and pull out the paper I wrote on and just give him the piece of paper.   I see him swallow and then he looks at me. "I mean to do everyone of those things written but I don't think the Prince would be happy to hear I grabbed a man's thing and cut it off" I state.  Un looks away and I notice his ears are red.  "So, I want to know if you can do it?  Also I don't think he deserves any kindness from us.  So, I want the knife that cuts it off to be a little dull" I watch closely as he listens to what I've said, "if you can't do it then I will wear a glove and do it myself, I'm not forcing you in anyway.  It was my plan.  I should be the one to carry it out" I unconsciously rub my hands together and then twist my fingers while I wait for his response.  He puts his hand over my twisting fingers "I'll do it, but I will also wear a glove" I laugh relieved "I am sorry Un really I am, but these towns people need to relieve their anger and he needs to be held accountable for all the wrongs he has committed.  

Please leave your comments and don't forget to vote, thank you.  😊