Travel Through Time Chapter 38

I don't know what wakes me at first until I see two figures moving in front of the screen.  I pick up my knife and silently pull myself up so I can see the desk that Keon-hi should be sitting at.  All I see is some papers that have fallen to the floor.  I throw my knife and it hits the pole just before the tent door.  I jump up and run around the screen as one of the figures screams.  I see Keon-hi knocked out between two servants.  I pull out my other two knives from my back. "Try running" I say they look at one another and drop Keon-hi's arms.  Guards come running into the tent followed by a very scary looking Prince who has his sword drawn.  "What the hell is going on here?" he demands.  I look at the servants and notice that the skirts are a little to short and the tops a little to tight.  "I think you'll find two servant girls with no clothes on. They might have thought Keon-hi was me?" I guess.   Going up to Keon-hi and feeling her pulse "she been given a sleeping draft" I kneel down and put her head on my knees stroking her head.  "How did they get past the guards?" I ask, the Prince looks at me then back at the servants.  He looks at the guards waiting for one of them to speak.   "Sorry your Majesty, we didn't really pay them any mind" one admits just as Un walks into the tent.  He looks at the scene in front of him and the servants "how the hell can you not pay attention when your guarding the Royal Princess?" he shouts. They kneel and bow their heads "we deserve to die" they both say together.  "Your pay will be cut in half for six months and you will practice for an extra 3 hours a day" Un tells them "report to the training ground immediately and I will personally see to your first training session" he adds they stand to attention then bow and leave. "Can I leave her with you your Majesty?"  Un asks I nod and he lifts her up and I tell him to put her in the bed.  I pull my knife from the pole and kiss the Prince on his cheek "you can put your sword away now" I tell him.  He catches me around my waist and pulls me into him, holding his sword behind his back and kisses me. "Keep your knives close" he orders "yes your Majesty" I bow and as I turn, he smacks my butt.  Just as Un walks back around the screen, I duck my head and walk behind the screen.  I climb into bed beside Keon-hi and put my arm around her with the knife so I can reach it and fall back to sleep. I wake when Keon-hi tries to move my arm from around her.  "How are you feeling?" I ask "Woolly headed"she answers.  I get up and pass her a drink of water, "you where drugged, I'm sure Un and the Prince have found out by whom now" I tell her.   She gets up and puts her shoes on "thank you for taking care of me" she says. "I just slept with you" I chuckle.  She looks at me and then says "you stopped them from taking me, didn't you?" I scratch the back of my neck and she laughs "thank you" she says again and I nod. "Hungry?" I ask, I take her hand and we head out the tent just as the Prince and Un are walking towards it.  "Good we where coming to get you, Jin-hyeok is waiting for us to have dinner" the Prince says.  I take the Prince's hand and Keon-hi takes Un's hand and we walk to the food tent.  We all sit down and talk about little things.  When we are sitting enjoying a cup of tea, I ask about the intruders "they were female solders, they thought Keon-hi was you" the Prince informs us. "Sorry Keon-hi" I apologise to her. She puts her hand on my tummy and shakes her head "better it was me" I squeeze her hand. "The Palace are sending solders that we will meet on the north side of the woods that the private army are camped at. Jin-hyeok and Keon-hi will disguise themselves as servants and stay with the other servants  and a few guards.   I would have told you to also stay behind, but I'm more worried about the worry you would feel if we were separated.   I also know that you can look after yourself, so you will stay back from the close fighting and cover us with the archers" the Prince tells us.  I nod relieved that I will get to stay with the Prince.  "We will attack them just as dusk falls tomorrow, Un would like to do some extra training with the men so can you go and help him out with that?" he asks "yes, of course.   Jin-hyeok can you stay with Keon-hi?" he nods.  "I can come watch you train too.  I learn a lot from just watching" Keon-hi says.  I shrug and Jin-hyeok says he will come and watch too.  We all leave the tent.  The Prince goes to another tent as we walk down to the training area.  Un whistles one long and one short and the area fill's with guards.  Un splits them into groups some train in the archery area while others train with swords.  I show the other groups some moves and they start to practise with each other with Un and I observing and then correcting them if they need it.  Soon most have the moves and start to rotate to learn the other moves.  I walk over to the archery area, pick up a bow and arrows and walk to in between the archery targets and start to fire arrows at the archer's feet, they jump back but that is all.   I walk up to them "you go to where I was standing and shoot arrows at me, move between the other targets" I order he walks down to the targets the others stand back and he shoots the first arrow at my feet.  I move to the side and kneel on one knee and fire at the archer's feet that just shot at me.  He moves and I roll to the side and fire again.  I then run and do a forward roll and shoot as I come to my feet again.  We do this till all our arrows are gone.  I walk back to the other archers and wait while the one shooting at me jogs back.  "See what I was doing, I could spot where the arrow was coming from and move and shoot to that spot. I changed the way I moved so he couldn't predict how and where I'd move too."  They all nod in agreement "you have to load your arrows as you move, so practice that first" they spread out and practice moving in different ways while they load their arrows. Once they have that learnt.  I get them to move around the archery area shooting at the targets. "Who are the riders and archers?" I pick one to go and get a horse and show them how they can lock their knees around the saddle so they can lean backwards or sideways to fire and arrow.  "The Prince won't let me show you while the horse is moving so please practise it yourselves firing at the targets from different positions." They do and most get the hang of it, "please keep practising and help the ones that are finding it hard.  They might not be locking their knees in properly or they might just have to change the knee they use" I add.  I walk back to Un and ask how its going.  "They have all learnt most of the movements some just have to practise a little more" he tells me. "Is it alright now if I call it a" I stop and without moving my head glance to my right I see movement in the trees. "Three right, three left we have company" I say.  I walk back towards the archers there are four archers on horse back now I grab a bow and arrows and jump on the horse behind another archer "follow me" I say and nudge the horse so it walks through the camp.