Chapter 26

ARIANA’S POV 

I lift my sleeping mask just enough to sight the big burning orange of rising sun outside the plane window. We’re only 4 hours into our 10 hour flight from Melbourne to New York and Vic has already managed to watch the pilot of “Orange Is The New Black” twice, visited the toilet 5 times, called the flight attendant about her missing Caesar salad dressing, and shifted her sleeping position uncountable times - whether it’s her head on my shoulder or legs in my lap. I chuckle slightly and look at her. Is this what it feels like to be a big sister? You feel responsible for someone else’s wellbeing. Even if they are taller and hotter than you, like in Vic’s case, you still can’t help it.

I flip out my phone to skip a song and also ever so carelessly scroll through my recent texts. One from mom wishing me a safe trip and demanding to call when we’ve landed... One from dad asking what time to pick us up... Oh, yeah, Vic will come to visit my dad’s family for a bit and then spend the week with her old school friends in NY before flying back to LA. Ah, who knows her friends and whatnot. 

Oh, here’s the texts I was looking for. These are from Jai.
Hey pretty face, have a splendid flight. I hope you’ll be seated between Vic and an old stinky man.
I responded to that with:
Ha ha haaa, so funny, Brooks. I hope you’ll bang your little toe in a door.

My eyes light up reading the next ones: ‘See, that’s why I can’t resist you, Ari. Mean yet wonderful. I’ll go mad from missing you...
Suck it up, baby boy, it’ll just be 10 days
10 days is horrible if all I can do is think about your lips
Well, I’ll make it up to you back home. Gtg, I’ll text in NY.

I click the screen locked and close my eyes again, resting my head against the window. My insides are tingly and mouth twitches to a smile. This week since our beach picnic has been pretty damn good. Telling Gina and the guys went super smoothly... I have a feeling they had a feeling. And that doesn’t seem too much of a mystery, apparently me and Jai had stared at each other puppy eyed since day one. What a surprise. Anyway, we decided not to take it to Twitter yet, the fans are gonna figure everything out pretty soon. And besides all that, it’s been hard work and... quick secret kisses in between. Rooftop stargazing. Pizza date by the campfire with a guitar. This kid has me trapped. 

It’s a bit unfortunate nothing came out of Vic and Luke, though. At least not yet. Vic described that as bad timing and I get her entirely - falling in love takes time, these two had just a few weeks. They’re two people with lives different enough and have enough distance between them to make it too complicated. But I don’t think all is lost, quite the opposite! As far as I know, she’s already made plans with my mum to come back for Christmas holiday, since “it’ll be extra warm in Melbourne then”. This sly brat, I’m assured weather isn’t be the only thing she has in mind... And she was smirking and texting with someone at the airport as well. I’ll keep an eye on those two for sure.

The rustling voice of the pilot comes on through the speakers: “Good morning, passengers! This is your captain speaking. We are currently flying over the small island of Kiribati and approximately 11,300 meters or 37,080 feet below us lies the Pacific Ocean. The outer temperature is -53 degrees Celsius or -63 degrees Fahrenheit. If you have any demands...

Without acknowledging it myself, I doze off, resting my cheek against the cold window, glowing sun rays beaming in through my eyelids. I’m flying towards the new day.

-
:3

I'll just cut the crap and say how terribly happy I am to be back writing and on Wattpad in general! It was a hectic summer and my writing plans didn't really go according to plan, I know. I just was out there living the teenage life, you know? And by that I mean NO, I did not party my nights and sleep my days. Instead, I visited new places, countries even, met new people, discovered new sides of myself I had no idea even existed. So my summer definitely went to the fullest. And this school year is going to be no less hectic. I'm finishing middle school (or my freshman year, to you American people out there, this is how old I am tehehe), and only events and sets of exams are waiting ahead. So I'm having a lot of trouble not losing my head by spring. 

In other, fanfiction-y news, I think I can squeeze no more than 3-4 chapters out of me for this one. Not gonna lie, I've been writing this story soon for 2 YEARS and I'm running out of fresh, crisp, interesting ideas. But this book won't end without and end. Oh no, it's gonna be a proper BANG ;) And to the fans of not only Jariana, but my writing too, well... I may have something cookin' for you. Not gonna say anything else. BE PATIENT SOME WEEKS MY DEARS 

PS. On the sidebar all I'll have this time is just a song I really enjoy & was listening to while writing this afterword. Who wouldn't like discovering a new great track, am I right? :)

What else should I say here? Be wise, stay humble, work hard. Three golden rules of life. 

Until the next time, loves <3 (which will definitely NOT be in 3 months or I'll have my head on a stick)
Saskia