Chapter 22

I'm sitting in my beanbag, burning candles, blasting Mariah Carey and scribbling song lyric ideas in my notebook. It has been yet another successful day on set with the boys - they had a 30-minute interview with MTV itself and then a merch signing session, whilst what they made me and Vic do whatever idiotic things came into their mind. When we tried to fight back, Beau screeched, "I WILL MAKE MUM STOP PAYING YOU!" So we had to surrender.

So about 50 sandwiches, fifteen energy drinks and a few pedicures later I'm here, trying to come up with something for my (hopefully) upcoming single, only if I could come up with something actually singable. All I manage to put down are sappy movie quotes and lines that make no sense. I take a glance at my alarm clock. Shouldn't Frankie be home already? He was supposed to come visiting tonight.

Just as I think about it, our doorbell chirps. I hear mum opening the door, two pairs of footsteps coming in and lowered voices. Then everything's quiet for a while. I decide to go down and see what's up. It can't be just Frankie because he was supposed to come in by himself, the hospital car usually drops him off at the end of the street. Oh God, maybe something's happened to him?

I creep to the end of the stairs and peek on the first floor. No, everything seems to be normal, Frankie's blond quiff and warm brown eyes haven't changed a bit. Only happier, maybe? I smile to myself and skip down the stairs.

It's not until I sight a guy standing next to him. I've never seen him before - he has short brown hair, pierced ears, a tattoo peaking out under his T-shirt sleeve and a SnapBack sitting on his cared 'do. He's rather cute to be honest.

I try not to seem too fascinated of him and run to Frankie, tackling him with a hug. "Hug me back bruthaaa!"

He let's out a laugh and ruffles my hair like an older sibling would. "I hope my favorite sister has been well."

Then I can't hold it in anymore. "I'm fine. Who's this friend of yours?"

Frankie blinks, his smile disappearing. He looks first at mum, then at the guy and after getting two approving nods, blurts out, "Ari, meet my boyfriend Zac."

***

"So that's how we met. It's crazy how you can feel desperate one day and on the next be united with the exact person you needed the most, right?" Zac smiles softly and brushes his fingers against Frankie's. Mom nods slightly, tears in the corners of her eyes and even dad seems to be moved.

Frankie searches for my hand under the table, grabs it and mouths, "Thanks for the support. "

I can do nothing but smile. If Zac wasn't here, I'd cry, too. I'm just so taken aback from Frankie's confession that I'm left speechless, only my mind working rapidly. I'd had this feeling for a while now that he was different. I wanted to ask him that the last time he was home, but didn't find the right time and way to. I just hope everything will work out for him. He deserves it after all he's been through. Zac really seems like a sensible guy. I mean he's funny, caring and completely positive, just what Frankie needs. Of course I too would like to lick his face, but what can I do, you can't change people.

After dinner I go back to my room, while others start watching a Broadway musical. I just want to rest. I've seen it about gazillion times anyway.

I pick up my phone to find 2 new texts: from Vic and Jai. Vic just asks what time are we meeting tomorrow for our shopping spree. She's staying at an old friend's tonight so we agree in a mall close to her house about 12AM. I add a couple of x's and tell her good night.

Opening the text from Jai, I smile a little. Even seeing his name makes my heart flutter. He's texted, "I see you hard at work ey?" Attached is a photo of me, brows furrowed, painting Beau's fingernails lilac.

I burst out laughing. I text him back, "I doubt it's the actual purpose of me being there... haha x"

I have to wait about 5 seconds before getting a reply. "I don't know, u tell me? Haha :) what r u up to beautiful?"

I bite my lip while texting back, "Just had dinner with mom, dad, Frankie & a special guest. U'll hear about him 2morrow. What's up in ur household?" Right after pressing 'send' I realize how this "special guest" looks like. But whatever. I'm allowed to have males visiting. It's not like we own each other.

"Mum's in the study, Beau & Luke r out playin footy & I'm in bed snuggling with MY special girl ;) (meaning a stuffed toy btw :P)"

I chuckle again. "U cheeky! Anyway, c ya 2morrow? Maybe. Meanwhile, gnight <3"

"Good night monkey <3"

I grin again at his randomness. This boy is really driving me loco.

And with all these thoughts circuling my mind, I fall on my comforter, fully clothed and drift off, smiling from ear to ear.

-

Ho ho ho!

Ahh, so little until Christmas... I can't wait :) Trying to get this thingy here finished in February or sth like this hopefully. Don't wanna carry on for too long, it's already been a year or so (o.m.g O_o) and just a little less than 10 more parts until the end. Yup, I know I didn't update last week like I promised, but at least 2 weeks is better than 2 months, am I right? ;) I'm almost completely cut out of both fandoms by now but just like I've said a dozen times already; I'm finishing whatever this is for YOU. Whoever you are reading this. Because I don't think y'all ((oh how southern of me)) realize how truly amazing you are. But not much ramble this time either, just hoping you liked the chapter, it was a bit more eventful as you like it ;) 

PS. On the sidebar I've put a picture of Zac. So you can maybe drool on your keyboard just a bit. And my favourite song off Ari's Christmas EP <3

Comment, vote, fan, add!

You're beautiful & stay beautiful ;3

Adios amigos!

-Saskia x