"What?" I snapped, pulling Taylor into a hug, causing my wold to purr with contentment.

What are you, a cat? I snarked.

Like you're any better, Lover Boy, my wolf answered back, not the least bit ashamed of how over the moon he was with his mate.

"I hate to break this love fest -"

"You sure don't seem like it -"

"BUT we have more important things to focus on." He gestured to himself and grinned brightly. "Me. Specifically, my eighteenth birthday party that we're throwing. Here. Tomorrow."

"You're not eighteen?" Three heads turned to look at Jason, who suddenly seemed a lot paler than before. He stepped out from behind Taylor, taking an almost unconscious step toward the other blond in this room.

Michael seemed confused at his interest and nodded mutely.

"Oh," Jason commented, his face slowly lighting up. "Well, that explains it."

"Explains what?" Michael seemed to grow even more baffled, and, by the looks of it, so was Taylor. Understanding dawned upon me and I reached out to Jason through the mind link.

Jason, wait, are you two -

YES. His answer was loud and immediate, his obvious joy leaking through the link and improving my own mood.

Jason spoke out loud, mouth racing, his face tinged pink, and hands going through as much as a roller coaster as his words. "I-I thought it was me, you don't understand, when you first meet your mate - the one Luna herself chose for you - and they don't react -- well, I mean you did react, but not in the way I thought you would, definitely not in the way I wanted to, God, you don't know how much I wanted - "

"What the hell are you talking about?" Michael's eyes were narrowed, his mouth set in a grim line.

Jason faltered at the sight, but earnestly admitted, "Michael, I'm your mate." His hands were outstretched, reaching toward the boy, but Michael automatically stepped back.

The vulnerability in his voice was the only thing stopping me from attacking him as Michael snapped, "What? No, no. I'm not— you're, no. Look, Stone, I'm-I'm not gay, I'm not - I -" Michael abruptly stopped, turned, and raced out of the room, leaving me seething on behalf of my best friend.

"Michael!" Taylor was stunned, glancing apologetically at Jason, me, and the exit, before making her choice and chasing after her beta.

I turned to look over at Jason and my heart sank at the sight of the usually hyperactive man. He had collapsed to the floor, hands in his face, between his knees.

As I approached him, I could hear him murmuring to himself, "You stupid ass, you've gone and fucked it all up, again! Not surprising, considering who the hell you are, but now you've lost your mate and he'll never want you, who would want you - " He seemed to choke at the end, shoulders shaking and I gently placed my hand on his shoulder.

"Jason, you're crazy if you think you're not the best person to have as a mate, " I started uncertainly.

Jason's more ... direct flirtations we're starting to make a whole lot more sense now, I thought to myself.

He remained silent at my words, but his shoulder was tense under my hold. Plopping down next to him, I nudged his body with my own shoulder and went on. "Michael will come around, dude, don't worry."

Lifting his head, he scoffed. His eyes were red-rimmed as if he had been crying for longer than the few minutes he actually had. "Yeah, right, don't fucking lie to me, Gray, you saw him, he-he doesn't even think he's gay! I didn't think I was either, but I sure as hell am for him!"

I watched him, carefully choosing my next few words. "Why didn't you tell him sooner? When you first met him?"

"You don't get to judge me, Grayson, when you still haven't told - "

"Okay, okay," I said, holding up my hands in surrender. "But I'm trying to. Just now it looked like you weren't even planning to tell him until he mentioned his birthday party."

"I thought he was eighteen!" Jason whined, hugging himself. "When we first met I thought he was already of age and that he didn't want me - you weren't there, Gray, he was kind of mean, but still really hot, so I was hurt bad, but that didn't stop me from wanting to be close to him - mates could still be friends, right? Just friends? Those kinds of relationships work out!"

"No, they don't. Mates are soulmates, in every sense of the word. They're your best friend, your lover, your protector, never just a single one."

"Well, it's too late." The redhead sounded defeated. "It's too fucking late. He hates me, did you see his face - "

"I don't hate you."

Our heads shot up, only to see Michael standing in the middle of the entrance, a remorseful look on his face.

Taylor was standing by his side, and when he looked helplessly at her, she prompted her to go on. Michael swallowed and hesitantly took a step toward the bundling mess of red on the floor.

Jason shot to his feet, eyes wild, roaming everywhere in the room except for Michael's face. "It's okay, you don't have to be with me because Taylor made you or something, I don't wanna force you to - "

"Jason." By now, Michael was right in front of him. I awkwardly stood as well, glancing at Taylor to surreptitiously let her know our presence was not needed here.

Walking quietly toward her, I grabbed her hand and we left the two to themselves. 

As we left the room, we met Archer trying to get in. "What y'all doing?" He whispered, seeing us tip-toeing.

Taylor held up her index finger to her mouth, telling him, in the universal sign to be quiet. She grabbed him and we continued upstairs.

"Taylor?" I asked. She looked up and my breath was stolen away from me as when I took her in with little Archer in her arms.

Think about how'll she'll look with our own pups in her arms, my wolf dreamily murmured. I cheered up at the thought.

"Can I talk with you?" Taylor nodded and excused herself. We walked upstairs and laid Archer on Jason's bed, who was all pooped out from playing the whole day and demanded a nap. We left for her room and she perched on the edge of her brand new bed, waiting for me to continue.

Now or never, I thought. The whole ordeal with Michael and Jason had made me realize that I had to seize the moment, or Taylor would never forgive me. I would

"Remember how I told you I had something to tell you earlier today, Tay?" She nodded, recognition in her eyes. "Well, the thing I wanted to tell you was that...Taylor, I'm your--"

Author's Note

PLEASE DON'T HATE ME! I'VE NEVER HAD A CLIFFHANGER BEFORE AND I REALLY WANTED ONE!!!!!!

By the way, sorry for so many POVs in this chapter, just had to do it.

Because of school, I will be updating once every week on Saturday or Sunday.

Dedicated to @Ari_forev for her AWESOME TRAILER! THANK YOU SO, SO MUCH!

Vote and DEFINITELY COMMENT!

With lots and lots of love, 4everAloneAnAwkward.

P.S. Please don't murder me.

P.P.S. If I wrote another werewolf book, would you guys check it out?

P.P.P.S. Type taco if you actually read my Author's Note before commenting.

P.P.P.P.S. Sorry for the long Author's Note.

P.P.P.P.P.S. What does P.S. stand for anyway?